Insufficient location on PCN?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4978 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I recieved a PCN from the local council in relation to "performing a prohibited turn - no right turn" this morning.

The issue I have with this is that the sole location given for the offence is just "The Bridge" - no road, no postcode, and I know I went under 2 or 3 bridges on my way back from where I'd been.

Obviously there's more than one bridge in this borough, so I'm curious as to whether this could be grounds for an appeal on the grounds of location info being insufficient, as I haven't the foggiest which bridge they're actually referring TO, and the pic they've got does NOT show much else other than the road surface and my car.

Yep, that certainly looks like the fella - I don't mind paying up now that it actually makes sense, as I had some business round that area at that time so it a possibility. Still a tad confusing though! Thanks for the speedy responses!

Edited by Slibowicz

that streetview looks scary.

You are pulling up to what looks like a straight on. and there are none of the blue Bus / Cycle only road signs or no entry signs, just some small text that states the restriction.

How easy is that to miss!

Plus a no right turn sign on each of the three traffic signals

yes, but as ptol says, it looks just as much like a straight on junction at the time you see the lights than a right turn. I think it would be far better with a "No Entry" sign each side of the entrance with the bus/cycle exception written underneath.