Advice with Statue Barred-debt \ satisfied

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3668 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Mornin all,

Im after some guidance\assistance on the best course of action for the following

I have recently received a letter from Newman debt collection, chasing me for £297 for a bank.

Firstly, I was slightly shocked to receive it, so I paid to have a copy of my credit repport, 2 things.

its shows as being settled in December 2009

its over 6 years old

Ive called Equifax and they say that they should not be contacting me, so to call them.

the letter states "if you do not pay this, you will incure a CCJ.........lalalalala..."

im not sure that I did settle it, however, my credit file shows, its settled, as above.

Im tempted to just ignore it, but wanted some advice here.....?

I have a copy of my credit file that shows its settled also...!

any advice, is great advice, thanks in advance

J

Mornin all,

Im after some guidance\assistance on the best course of action for the following

I have recently received a letter from Newman debt collection, chasing me for £297 for a bank.

Firstly, I was slightly shocked to receive it, so I paid to have a copy of my credit repport, 2 things.

its shows as being settled in December 2009

its over 6 years old

Ive called Equifax and they say that they should not be contacting me, so to call them.

the letter states "if you do not pay this, you will incure a CCJ.........lalalalala..."

im not sure that I did settle it, however, my credit file shows, its settled, as above.

Im tempted to just ignore it, but wanted some advice here.....?

I have a copy of my credit file that shows its settled also...!

any advice, is great advice, thanks in advance

J

They sometimes show as settled if the Original creditor has sold the debt. If they have, you MUST be informed in writingIf it's S B then just send them the S.B. letter, which I'm sure someone will point you toStatute barred means they can't take any formal enforcement action, but they're hoping you don't know that

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

SB is if a period of six years (five in Scotland) have passed where you have made no payment or written admission to the debt.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

If they don't provide evidence that it isn't SB'd, and they chase you further, complain to TS and the OFT :)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)