boocoo

logbook loans - The latest?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3571 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I have a friend who has been struggling with logbook loans for some time now and is JUST about fending of repossession of the car on a weekly basis.

My question is does anyone know what is happening with their license and the OFTs review of it? I noticed about a year ago everyone was celebrating their license being revoked, yet they are still operational and when you look on the OFT website they aren’t up for their 10 year review for some time yet. What’s been happening and what will happen next?

While there seems some good and well meaning advice on here I really don’t want to plough through the thousands of posts on bill of sales and how they are executed as unfortunately amongst all good meaning there doesn’t seem a single post on someone successfully challenging it. Just months and years of the same posts going round in circles with lots of "try this" and "I will let you knows".

Sorry to be so blunt but we are desperate here so does anyone

1)Know what’s happening with their license and when whatever is happening will happen?

2)Post a hyperlink to a thread where someone has successfully challenged the bill of sale and won (not just a "try this" or a "they cant do that"), stating how they did it as this would help too (alas I suspect this one doesn’t exist)

Thanks in advance

boocoo. your friends problem has gone on too long so before i give you any info please answer some questions.

1, how has your friend got away with it for so long. (your first post was well over 12 months ago) this cant happen he must have had been asked to go to court in that time.

2, why have you not posted the bos or CA for anyone to check.

your friend case has been going for 16 months ...... its not the bill of sale you need to be fighting your friend case in that time would have gone to court so i think your friend will find is the courts he needs to answer too not lbl. a judgement would have been made your case is to old.

Hi

The loans was taken out just under 2 years ago now and over a 2 year period. It was for £1000 and so far has paid back around £1800, but is still well below what they want if he had kept up the payments never mind the added charges.

We haven’t done the bill of sale route as we checked early on that is was registered within 3 days of being signed (so within the week). As I say I find it a bit depressing all the nonstop talk about the bill of sale, as it’s a standard form they use and no one appears to have broken it when correctly executed (my interpretation of that means signed by all parties and sent to the courts within a week, so don’t see the point of being of one the many adding to the volumes of legally intricate and confusing picking of the document when it doesn’t look like anyone has ever cracked it (unless I’m wrong hence the request for a link to a thread)

It’s not gone to court as my friend makes infrequent payments when possible, usually under threat of the recovery people coming round (so far no one has visited). Neither us or them have talked about courts as of yet, but he gets letters and calls on a monthly and often weekly basis

Hi

I have a friend who has been struggling with logbook loans for some time now and is JUST about fending of repossession of the car on a weekly basis.

My question is does anyone know what is happening with their license and the OFTs review of it? I noticed about a year ago everyone was celebrating their license being revoked, yet they are still operational and when you look on the OFT website they aren’t up for their 10 year review for some time yet. What’s been happening and what will happen next?

While there seems some good and well meaning advice on here I really don’t want to plough through the thousands of posts on bill of sales and how they are executed as unfortunately amongst all good meaning there doesn’t seem a single post on someone successfully challenging it. Just months and years of the same posts going round in circles with lots of "try this" and "I will let you knows".

Sorry to be so blunt but we are desperate here so does anyone

1)Know what’s happening with their license and when whatever is happening will happen?

2)Post a hyperlink to a thread where someone has successfully challenged the bill of sale and won (not just a "try this" or a "they cant do that"), stating how they did it as this would help too (alas I suspect this one doesn’t exist)

Thanks in advance

Hi Ya

the appeal hearing pertaining to the licence of LBL will be heard next month.

their is a cagger who has successfully challenged their Bills of Sale and has kindly posted details - see: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?278883-Judgment-and-Order-Made-Against-NINE-Regions-T-A-Log-Book-Loans!

Hope this helps?

Apple : )

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]