sacked from job, benefits advice please

ConsumerMark
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recnetly been sacked from my job, I signed on but was told that because I was saked I would be entitled to very little as I could have got myself sacked on purpose in order to receive benefits. I would however have my national insurance covered.

Since this time, my ex employer has offered to pay me a 5000 redundancy payment so that I may sign a compromise agreement.

I went to the solicitors yesterday and there was nothing in the agreement about redundancy.

I am planning to get another job and have 4 interviews next week. However it is tough out there right now and if the worst comes, surely the system will support someone who has paid tax for 26+ years. I know people who have been supported through tough times and even had the mortgage interest paid.

My question is, do I need to be made redundant and not sacked to make any sort of claim in the future if I need to and if so what do I need to request from the solicitor or my ex-employer?

If you leave a job voluntarily or are dismissed for misconduct or whatever, your claim will be referred to the Decision Makers. It's not really possible to say much more than that based on the information you've given - the DMs are supposed to consider the specific circumstances surrounding your particular claim, and your own personal reasons for leaving. Many years ago, for example, I had a DM rule in my favour after I left a bar job because the chemicals used to clean the glasses were aggravating the eczema on my hands.

The DM can impose a sanction on your claim if s/he feels you did not have good cause for leaving your job. I didn't process JSA when I worked for the DWP, so I'm afraid I'm hazy on the specifics, but that basically means they can reduce the amount you are paid for a period of time.

If you go back to work and then have to make another claim at some point in the future, my understanding is that they will normally only be interested in the reasons why you left your most recent job. The fact that you left one job in less than ideal circumstances won't be a problem for you forever.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.