Advise needed about the AA please

nessi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About 7 weeks ago my old but very much cherished car wouldnt start, i called the AA explaining that its turning over but i dont think the petrol is getting where it should go. 1st AA "mechanic" comes i told him this he then informed me i needed a new coil. So i go get a new coil, pay a mobile mechanic to fit it. (There was nothing wrong with the original engine coil) Car still wont start, so i call AA again, this time a real mechanic came out within seconds he got me started and told me what the problem was. A loose wire on fuse box, that leads to petrol pump. Car was then fine for a couple of weeks, i booked her in with mobile mechanic to fix the dodgy wire on the following Saturday. On the Thursday (before she went to be fixed) the problem happened again, so i called the AA as i had to get my friend back back to Suffolk. They sent me an AA man that refused to listen to me when i told him what the problem was, he spent nearly 2 hours pulling panels of, taking fuse box out etc and never got car started. As he left i noticed all my ignition lights where still on ( after taking out keys). So i called the AA again, they sent him back, i was not happy. He then said he wanted to take my dash out (presumably to take out bulbs) I advised him he had best stay away from my car and arrange for some one else to come out. Next mechanic came, he spent an hour trying to work out what 1st "mechanic" had done, and couldnt work it out, he got the car started when i told him what the original problem was. As he was about to pull away, i asked him to wait a second while i turned engine off to make sure car would re-start. I turned ignition off and took out keys, engine was still running. He opened the door and engine cut out. Yes car did start again. I then did a 200 mile round trip, scared to open a window or put radio on, in case engine cut out, as you can imagine i was not happy and extremely stressed. The only way to turn my engine off is to open car door. I phoned the AA the following day, they promised to call me back...a week went by and nothing. I phoned again they promised to call back, again Nothing. After 2 weeks of phone calls, to the claims dept etc , the best they can come up with is i get it repaired, send in the receipt they will reimburse me.

Now here's my dilemma's , a= i dont have the money to get it repaired, b=I don't have a clue what the cost is, c=i have not and wont drive my car since the day they messed it up(3 weeks ago) D= i had to hire a car to visit relatives, (more expense). E=it has cost me a fortune in telephone calls to complaints, claims and customer services . D= and probably the most important i dont have anything in writing from the AA or a claims or complaints number. So if i did get it repaired, how can i be sure they would pay me back.

Any advise or being pointed in the right direction would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in Advance

Edited by nessi