Benefit fraud - My story

Going forward
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Bookworm - People may have phased me in the past when I thought the attack was my fault and I felt total shame, but now I feel a tiny bit of confidence within myself. People will always have their opinion, but to be honest until this happened to me I was pretty opinionated, until circumstances humbled me and made me see things from the other side.

I had my meeting with the mental Health Practitioner - it lasted 3.5 hours and and they came to the decision that they would despatch home help to me everyday to help my depressive state and give me medication.

The Head of that department is also going to write an official letter for the IUC meeting, as she said that this will really help towards my court case.

I feel lighter, I have kept everything in for so many years, and to have 3 people hanging on your every word for over 3 hours was exhausting, but cathartic.

Will keep you all posted.

If it does happen, just click the triangle on the bottom of the offending post and a member of the site team will take a look.

Well done, you can breathe a little sigh of relief for now.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

So glad to hear you have a solicitor to represent you as the worse thing you could do is to turn up on your tod. I sat in as an observer on one of these interviews during my past employment and they are no fun. what ever you do don't bother lying either as they are sure to have every detail possible concerning the past odd jobs. They work in twos the good guy and the bad guy. If in doubt " no Comment" I'm sure your solicitor will help guild you.

Good luck

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

Hi Bookworn. Yes it's me (Sorry goingforward) I'm so glad a lot of the members i know are still here but wow bookworm has this site changed or what Lol!! I am totally lost it's gotten that big! I've missed you all x

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, thank you to everybody that helped me through this difficult time.

Sorry it has taken me a few weeks to get back, but I have been through some heavy duty counselling and I feel as though I am on an even keel now.

I had my IUC and my lawyer and my mental health worker came along with me. My lawyer went in first, found out all the details, and then I had a meeting with my lawyer and then we all sat in the room together (long-winded I know).

My lawyer read out a statement outlining everything that had happened to me in the last years and my mental health Practitioner chimed in about my mental state. I did not need to say a word.

All in all it took 3.5 hours. Towards the end one of the Investigators was getting emotional and teary-eyed and then I got emotional and teary eyed and I broke down.

When I collected myself, my lawyer asked them what will happen to me. And they said I had been through enough and I would just be required to pay any monies back, and they just required some proof of certain things and a mental health report.

I feel as though there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The loan sharks have not reappeared, I am getting the counselling I need, and my medication is doing its job.

Sorry for the length of this, but I just once again wanted to thank everybody that has helped me with their kind words and advice.

Hello there, glad to see that things are slowly working out for you. Just so you know - there is a new National number to help stop Loan Sharks:

0300 555 2222. You can also text "loan (space) shark (space)" and the message to 60003. The website is: http://www.direct.gov.uk/stoploansharks

It's TOTALLY confidential.

If you need anything at all, drop me a line :)

Seq.

Just adding my best wishes for the future, Going forward. I'm so pleased you are getting so much help and you deserve everything to go well and smoothly from now on. Well done with getting through all this.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Going Forward,

What a heart rending story. I am so sad for you at this time. Please keep us updated as to your progress. There is some real good advice coming from this site and it is good to know that you have friends whom you have never even met have empathy for you, myself included. I and others are really with you here on this traumatic occasion.

It seems from your post that you have a good Doctor on your side. That is key to your getting you life back. I hope you keep us all posted as to your situation.

Try you best to be with people whom will be encouraging to you and avoid those whom will not, that way, you will be able to cope better -believe me it will definitely help you.

Warm and sincere regards to you my friend.