Somebody Told Me

Can you get credit if under an IVA?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3629 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just to satisfy my own curiousity.

If someone is paying debts via an IVA would they be able to obtain further credit say for a car?

A quote from the IVA helpline.

One of the fundamental conditions that a debtor must agree to when entering into an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA) is that they MUST NOT APPLY for a loan or seek any further credit whilst the Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA) is ongoing.

This condition is always required and is designed to protect the creditors from a debtor that is already in an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA) from becoming further in debt and burdened with loan repayments.

Yes you can get credit for a car but you have to have the agreement of your IVA supervisor. As you would imagine getting car credit in an IVA is extremely difficult and expensive (you need a big deposit) but its not impossible.

If you need the name of some companies pm me.

• Confused 1

A quote from the IVA helpline.

One of the fundamental conditions that a debtor must agree to when entering into an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA) is that they MUST NOT APPLY for a loan or seek any further credit whilst the Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA) is ongoing.

This condition is always required and is designed to protect the creditors from a debtor that is already in an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA) from becoming further in debt and burdened with loan repayments.

Yes you can get credit for a car but you have to have the agreement of your IVA supervisor. As you would imagine getting car credit in an IVA is extremely difficult and expensive (you need a big deposit) but its not impossible.

If you need the name of some companies pm me.

Cheers folks your input has been very enlightening.

The question doesn't relate to me so I won't need the names of any companies but thanks for the offer.