keyholder advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can i reasonable expect to hand back the keys to my employer if renumeration is not an issue

i no longer wish to be a keyholder for my employer and as this is not a duty i am paid for i am wondering if i can simply give this up.

what would be a correct letter informing them i no longer wish to perform this task without causing upset

essexboy

Did you agree as a condition of employment, is it in a contract?

I can't see any restriction otherwise in handing them back. Being a keyholder can be a bind especially if you get a call from the Police in the early hours!! Is this the reason for not wanting to do this?

this is not a condition of employment

and was originally accepted on the request of the foreman

i have gained responsibility throughout the company over the last twelve years and would like to relinquish some of my responsibility towards the co as i feel i am being taken advantage of

essexboy

Just hand them back and ask the company to remove you from the list. back that up with a letter to the local police stating that you are no longer a keyholder and asking for an acknowledgement they have taken you off their list. Keep a copy of the letter and the reply just in case you start getting calls. If they don't acknowledge write again to the Chief Superintendent (try and get a name) until you do. If eventually you get pee'd off complain about the Chief to the Force's complaints dept that it is not being done. It will get done.