style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

....... from Lord of Leather - ELS - Cannock.

The man has done a runner from ELS -Cannock, he has left a lot of customer without any goods and thousand of pounds out of pocket.

I placed a order February, he wouldn't accept Credit Card - Cash or cheque only. kept giving excuses about why we could not get delivery.

We cancelled our order begining of August, they could not issue a refund because he was on honeymoney..then when he arrived back, they couldn't issue a cheque again because his Accountant was on holiday.

A week after several phone calls and popping into the store we were issued a cheque that was stopped by the bank on Monday.

There is no-one available at the store or head office, there is no reply from any phone call, when he did answer he denied it was him and said he had nothing to do with the company.

The store has been emptied of the quality stock.and he has set up a new company called EXCLUSIVE SOFAS in Luton PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM THE MAN.:mad2:

Edited by dx100uk
please refrain from posting personal details

Hi Jennifer, - sorry to hear you're another victim. Please take a look at two other threads on this site, "exclusive leather sofas" and LEATHER LORDS (e.l.s) BIRMINGHAM. You will see that this family has been at it for years, there are many of us who are in the same boat as you. I have lost £3000. My bailiffs have been trying to collect my money but they closed the store before they could get access. :-(

It appears that finally they have gone into liquidation, there is a notice giving details of proceedings in Manchester. Not sure myself yet what I need to do to register my debt, but I will post on the other threads. If I were you, I'd keep checking the other 2 threads, most activity regarding ELS/Leather Lords goes on there. If anyone else reads this thread and is also a victim, please go to the other threads and read. It is quite sickening how they have managed to get away with it for so long. Not such a good start to your married life, but we have all learned a valuable lesson. Best wishes.

Does anyone know which company is handling the winding-up order ? There should be solicitors and accountants dealing with this matter.

Regards,

F

Hi, i have been round to ELS - cannock today and there is a notice on the door the telephone number is 01782202020 i hope this helps.

regards.

I thought this might be useful to those unlucky people that have purchased goods from ELS - CANNOCK

Birmingham Trading Standards

EXCLUSIVE LEATHER SOFAS LIMITED

A winding up petition has been lodged at the High Court in relation to Exclusive Leather Sofas Ltd. As far as we are aware the company has four outlets located at:- Birmingham (Camp Hill), Derby, Luton and Cannock; with Cannock being the head office. All of these stores have ceased to trade.

The petition will be heard at Manchester High Court on 20 September 2010. If the company is wound up an insolvency practitioner will be appointed. It is the insolvency practitioner who will sort out the financial affairs of the company and it is to this person that any complaints about Exclusive Leather Sofas should be addressed.

When we know who the insolvency practitioner is we will update this web page accordingly.

In the meantime, if you have purchased your furniture on finance and it has not been delivered you should write a letter to the finance company explaining the situation, please remember to send this by recorded delivery. The finance company should then release you from the agreement and refund any monies already paid to them.

If your complaint has not been resolved or you paid cash for your furniture you should still contact the insolvency practitioner so that you may be put on the list of potential creditors. The practitioner will then, after paying the main creditors such as the banks and utilities, use any monies which are left over to refund customers.

This man as done a runner with our money too! The suite they sold us in March was faulty in many ways, we went into the shop an asked if we could have a replacement they said yes but had to pay another£200 on top of the £1400 they had already had! and a second suite was ordered, or so we thought. We were told it would be delivered 3rd week of Aug when I rang up they said "it hadnt docked".

Another 2 weeks went by so went to the showroom to find it shut!!

As you have said DO NOT BUY FROM THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!