Fairfax Solicitors again, how do I reply?

Guest Cartaphilus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Cartaphilus

Unsurprisingly, after I wrote to them explaining my situation eg that I am unable to pay the full amount, they have obviously ignored all that and continue to persist in upping the tone of their letters.

The latest being court action or a doorstep collector without further notice.

In the meantime I have been diagnosed with a previously undiagnosed health condition which can at any time pose a threat to my life/become fatal very quickly if it isn't treated fast enough so having them continue to do this isn't helping much as I am trying to come to terms with all of this, in a short space of time.

I don't know how to get them to acknowledge my situation asides from writing, which I have done. I know from previous experiences this is how it goes but I don't know what, or more I can do as they continue to ignore my situation.

I am at a loss as to what to write to them, asides from reminding them I have already written, enclosing further copies.

Anyone have any ideas?

PS I ain't too bothered if I do die as I ceased to care about myself a long while ago, as it will happen at some point anyway. Sorry, that's how I feel these days.

Edited by Cartaphilus

I'd send them the simple "No doorstep collections" template, the "In writing only" template and a brief letter stating the amount that you are able to pay on a monthly basis.

All in the same envelope, by recorded delivery, head them all as such, set up a standing order (if it's not a disputed alleged debt) and ignore the fools from thereon.

I hope your health gets better. I've had a life-threatening illness in the last year as well and I know how bad things can get. Best of luck with this mate.

H.

Guest Cartaphilus

Unfortunately, it's not going to, though it's not something I am allowing to get me down, just sometimes lately I don't care if health things get worse, though it's been there for a long while now, just no one picked it up before or did the right tests. ... It's something that should have been picked up ages ago. I thought about the doorstep letter, they haven't given me any standing order details (I don't think). Just a lot more to think about.

I wrote telling them how much I could afford, as I've done with all the others a long while ago. I shall do what you suggest.

Edited by Cartaphilus

Why continue letter tennis with them any longer?

If they choose to ignore your offers of payment and circumstances, simply return the favour and ignore everything they like to send, except for an SD if it ever gets to that stage, I would even send their pathetic letters back RTS not known at this address.

If someone doesn't want to acknowledge what they are told, then there is very little you can do, just file everything keep a diary of events and ignore them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!