little-pixie

Confusion over bill for MOT.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3628 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Last Wednesday took my car (Fiat Doublo) in for a MOT..

When we booked the appointment we listed the faults we knew about; None starter, hole in exhaust and suspension problem.

We got a phone call on Thursday quoting £295 for starter motor and £100 for labour, agreed to work being done.

On Friday we got call say to pass MOT it would need some work, husband cant remember cost of work but when he asked for a quote for all work done on car he was told £536, so again gave go ahead for the works.

Got a call this morning say car was done and ready to be picked up and the total was £750. At time husband was at work so couldnt talk long but they gave him a brake down for repairs to put her threw MOT, all he could remember was; £60 exhaust, £80 shock absorbers, £40 front suspension arm, £2.60 exhaust mountings, £135 labour (3hrs).

Im abit shocked at the £230 difference in the cost and am wondering what it could possibly be, as I have added the quote of £536 for works to starter motor £395 which adds to over the bill. So we are confused of what the bill is for.

Can anyone give me any advice on what I should look out for as add ons, or if there is anything that could explain this away before we go in tomorrow, as I dont wanna get stressed and make things worse..