bentleygt20

Logbook Loan - Agreement with wrong details

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3569 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I recently took out a log book loan and since looking through the credit agreement I have noticed that the agreement contains the incorrect registration number! I have not had the loan long enough to receive the BOS yet but that it is written under the same registration number.

Is it possible to get out of this or atleast have the HPI finance marker removed (they got this bit right!)?

Any help would be kindly appreciated.

I recently took out a log book loan and since looking through the credit agreement I have noticed that the agreement contains the incorrect registration number! I have not had the loan long enough to receive the BOS yet but that it is written under the same registration number.

Is it possible to get out of this or atleast have the HPI finance marker removed (they got this bit right!)?

Any help would be kindly appreciated.

Hi ya

The forum is not about getting out of agreements based on the odd 'technicality' - I don't think a case would stand up in court on this basis alone.

However, It may be that when you receive the BoS that there are other errors and this may add weight to your initial concerns about the administration of your agreement - but you will have to wait and see.

Further - when it comes to 'technicalities' bear in mind that agreements that are entered into after April 2007 no longer have the protection as those that were entered into prior to this date - these days ALL agreements are under the jurisdiction of a Judge which was not the case prior to this date.

Apple : )

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]