samjan

notice seeking possession advice needed

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3327 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there not sure if this is in the right thread so feel free to move if needed.

I am a single mother with 2 children and i live in council accommadation i have lived here about 13 years now with no bother but over the last 6 months have recieved 1 complaint about loud music which i went to my local council offices and explained this was a party and i apologised etc then recieved letter to say no further action would be taken.

I have recently receieved another letter saying that a neighbour had made another complaint about loud music again but due to work commitments etc forgot to make appointment to talk this over then today i have recieved a notice seeking possession section 8 saying i'm in breach of section 12 and section 14.

Looking at the dates this was another night i had a party to which a bit of an argument broke out with my sister in law and my friend so i'm not denying it, i'm just reallly concerned now that i will llose my home thing is like i've said before i have lived here over 12 years no bother pay my rent on time etc.

What will happpen now please advice as i'm going out of my head with worry here :-(

Hello and Welcome,

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

If that is indeed the sum total of the story, then I consider it unlikely that possession will succeed on that basis (only my personal opinion).

Basically, grounds 12 and 14 relate to breach of agreement, and causing nuisance behaviour, respectively. On this minor infringment, I doubt a court will grant possession, as ultimately possession is at courts discretion for these grounds.

You will have a court hearing for possession at some point. You will have an opportunity to contest the claims - simply do this (or at least, dispute that you have regularly breached your agreement and been a nuisance).

I'm surprised at such an overreaction if I'm honest by the council - although not making an appointment to talk to them was obviously a mistake.

I would try and make such an appointment now - they may will rescind the notice if you go and have a chat with them (especially as I suspect they know they are on shaky grounds for possession).

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Thanks for replying you have put my mind at ease and i'm sure the kalms tablets i took earlier have probably kicked in now aswell lol.

To be perfectly honest i'm furious as yes fair enough i didnt go and see them but for all they know i might not have recieved the lettter and to take my neighbours word for it and go ahead with a possession order seems barbaric if ypu ask me. I have phoned the local council office and asked to speak to the lady who's name is on the top of the letter but was told she is on annual leave and somebody will call me back tomorrow.

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.