style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3620 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I need some guidance on what to do about a problem of my own making....

Due to naivity/stupidity I advised Clydesdale Bank in 2003 that my Credit Card that due to being made redundant I couldn't meet my monthly repayments and could an agreement be reached, well it got passed to Jeremy Sutcliffe and I ended up on 16th August 2006 with a Final Charging Order against my property.

On 17th April 2008 I received a Notice of Assignment from Clydesdale Bank to Pheonix Recoveries (UK) Ltd S.a.r.l which would be serviced through Marlin Financial Services. This letter was on Clydesdale Bank headed paper but I noticed recently that it was signed by Marlin Financial Services!

On 12th May 2008 I receieved a NoA from Marlin stating that the amount outstanding as at the date of sale 25th March 2008 the debt was £8122.21.

It then took a further 6 months to negotiate an agreement with them and when I thought I had an agreement the file was passed to Mortimer Clarke. In June 2008 we finally agreed a concessionary arrangement.

On 2nd July 2010 I received a letter from Mortimer Clarke saying that the concessionary arrangement had now expired and the balance was now £7022.21, I phoned then and agreed another 12 months arrangement at £65 p.m. against £50 p.m. which I could now afford.

On 24th August 2010 I received another letter from Mortimer Clarke offering me a fantastic opportunity to clear the debt at a substantal discount. They also stated that the amount owed was now £9122.06 due to the 8% interest. This was the first time anyone had mentioned interest.

I called Mortimer Clarke and spoke to Matt who in response to my question on the balance came back with the figure of £6907.06 which was in line with my records. I asked hime why was this different from the letter to which he put me on hold and came back 5 minutes later saying that that figure was wrong because it didn't include interest and the fugure was £9513.54 which was accurate that morning. I asked why it had gone up £391.48 in 7 days ....he hung up. I called back and spoke to Holly who gave me the same figures and put the figure in the letter down as an error. I requested a breakdown of my account but suprise suprise I have received ZILCH.

I know I have the debt, but I have a couple of points which are raising red flags:

1. Is a charging order tranferable along with the debt?
  2. Can interest be charged by Marlin despite no credit agreement being in place with Marlin/Mortimer Clarke?
  3. How do I get a breakdown from Mortimer Clarke?

If anyone can help me ask for the right things I would be very grateful, likewise if anyone can show me a way forward with these schiesters.