Wescot and shabby abbey round two

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4978 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I already had battle with abbey over ignoring ongoing complaint just saying we had filed it away and not willing to look into it again, regarding three linked accounts, one loan and two bank accounts and their misselling and how it trashed my being financially stable.

Anyhow had both lowell and now wescott on my case. Last time was able to inform them financial ombudsman were dealing with it and abbey had no right to move it on in meentime and tell me that the financial ombudsman had declined case as was would you believe it, well and truly open.

Anyhow get another letter saying pay up and again put on hold and today receive another telling me the financial ombudsman has closed the case and declined it even:mad2:

Thing is for one reason or another my case with financial ombudsman has been troublesome. No having a go at them at all, but it seems two packs of info from me went missing in post and lately my case worker has left the company. So after ringing them today to inform them of what wescot had written they say despite what their clients tell them the case is open untill sorted. FOS advised me they will send forms once more and get the ball rolling and I am sure they will sort it for me somehow, or at least give me their judgement on it as entitled.

Thing is rang wescot today (recorded of course with true call buddy xx) and they being wescot are a sham. Firstly they moved me round debts to their financial and banking bit, if it exists:smile: and I get this man telling me the financial ombudsman has indeed declined the case.

I ask him on what info they come to that conclusion and warn them abbey have already told me they case is closed and then passed onto dca without awaiting results and you are no.2 to on words of shabby abbey think its okay to ask for money again.

He couldnt even find the letter sent to me on the system and I had to read it for him:roll: then for him to say well okay its declined with fos:???: or at least he was obvioulsy confused.

Anyow told them to back off and kindly informed them adding them to the fos complaint as after me twice warning them their client was giving duff info they start up again. He said we only act on their advice and I said you are just as responsible once I have warned you xx

So will see. Did have to laugh when he said I dont want to argue with you and that we are a professional company after hinting it was clients fault and not theirs to which I happily added at least my communication is based on fact.

So we will see xx

Truecall is a blessing xx:whoo::whoo:

Edited by loopinlouie
spelling xx

Just to add the reason abbey or as now known santander deserve shabby in the title was down to them ignoring a valid ongoing complaint with three linked accounts as said previously. They not only passed the accounts to dca's but to three different dca's, knowing I have mental problems and straining at dealing with abbey alone let alone three sharks.

FOS has all accounts linked as they were at time of original complaint to at least their behaviour can show some way to what I say to the degree of harrasment they put me under. The constant phone calls when the truth was they shouldnt have sold me a loan I didnt want and then not let me return the money within the cancellation period of what I believed to be 14 days due to them not giving me a copy of the loan(assume 14 days as would a phone contract be as didnt have agreement. Cant remember if had all the money on me when first apprached them as was taking it out the cash machine I believe due to paranoia, told them today they can see from my account I never left more than to cover dd's in the account, it was out of habit or fearing my account would be robbed, to be fair on me they can check the rate is was withdrawn themselves and any dates). I was at least hoping their staff would be reprimanded and some aknowledgement of the pressure they put on me knowing I was ill. The fact they put me down as working for the dwp which was **llocks as I am on benefits and after already refusing the forced credit card (turned down after they filled in application) before moving onto me being silly not to accept a loan, left me exhausted adn with a lot of money that after they refused to take it back, got wasted.

I know I signed the forms and have always admitted that but under pressure of one man turning into two who turned out to be listenening in to the pitch and appearing when I tried to leave. I have a bad memory due to epilepsy but funny enough the stuff you would want to forget, the painfull stuff is clearly remembered annoyingly so, but I know what happend despite me trying to leave on premis of getting a coffee they still persued.

So I feel they have to hold some responsiblity for a customer with two well running accounts falling into the abyss under pressure of trying to end the agreement and them sending me on a merry go round chase (alright I have experienced previously a mobile company doing similar saying will cancel contract if operator does, knowing fine well operator refers you back to seller, and was successfully resolved in me getting operator manager to sign letter for seller, they didnt expect that :) ) but in any case I foolishly did not expect a bank to do similar dirty tricks.

Edited by loopinlouie
added

One thing I can kindly thank abbey for teaching me is to not take what said over the phone as read. Anotherwords half the time they dont even put notes on file as promised and then argue never heard from you, frustrating. So unless dealing with them or their reps/dca's in writing, which is hard with abbey as the dont bother responding, then record the call and dont tell them you are doing it.

A true picture for all concerned then emerges. xx

I know how you feel with Santander I've got a complaint about them with the ICO for processing erroneously my personal data. Not only have I never been a customer of theirs but they've created a financial association for me where non exists or has ever existed.

Santander are under the delusion that because they won't communicate with me that is the end of the matter.... they are so very wrong and it will cost them dearly. I really wish they'd bog off back to Iberia or whichever hole they originated from.

Yep so tempting to request them to bogof back wherever xx

Decided with confidence of true call to ring them again (this time abbey directly as the dcas are on the case due to them) and politely demand they put a note on system as to fos being involved and any harassment will be taken with dim view etc. Actually the call got quite detailed and luckily due to truecall I have a record. I told a lovely woman who listened a recording of the call could be sent to fos for record and they can listen how hard I have tried to sort this out. She even asked me where I kept the money in the house and why the bank didnt take the money back and how did it get wasted. I was able to tell her firstly the bank said could not take back without authority of head office, despite what said by head office and the money was kept in plastic box in bottom of drawer after me on more than one occassion appearing in branch with money in bag and leaving then paranoid it would get nicked from me. Eventually I added it was half wasted due to just being there and half stupidly sent in post to buy a dead friends head stone that apparanlty never turned up :jaw:. But in any case they knew I was ill and what did they expect to happen to such an ammount sat in a house who cant normally access such funds sat about, obvoulsy it would get frittered away on things I normally could happily say no to as genuinely didnt have money in my purse. You try and argue to two kids who want a pizza and know that you have money upstairs, and after one occasion of ten quid being taken by son, who later returned it when I got upset (noticed as only tenner in box). In the end for returning it to me and me saying you should have asked honestly instead, I gave him the money anyhow because it was there due to them force feeding me credit I now know.

Told her my sympathy towards owing the money is now waning due to them not giving me the chance to return it and that they have to take some responsibility and learn by it or what will happen when another me is homed in on by these bank reps.

I have asked them to give recording of call to their complaints dept and copy to dept that farms out accounts to dca's and requested they either send me an apology that due to circumstances all three accounts are wiped clear and an apology or at least a letter confirming they have put things on hold like they knew they should have.

I thanked her for listening for about an hour and said please act as requested or I surely will use this recording to show how hard I have tried to resolve the matter and that their recent behaviour shows how they have behaved to me all along. xxxx

Edited by loopinlouie

Thing is I have said I would love with another person maybe from mind to go into the branch and sit opposite those gets if they are still there and tell them what it does to a person such as me. I mean If they want to prove they want to learn by it surely I would be ideal to talk to their staff. I could point out I have two arms, two legs and depending on day I could seem perfectly normal at first. If they are trained to chase a customer in such ways they could learn what they should be looking out for when a person becomes stressed or agitated.

I mean maybe they are trained to not accept no and dont know an ill person might not be seen to be forceful because they are mentally ill and more worried of offending a person they seem to think for whatever reason at the time is superior to them. They should learn a person hinting in the middle of such an important sale needing the loo, or derperate for a coffee should be allowed to go, something might be wrong. If customer really wants product they will return in a few mins.

They need to know to make sure people leave with a copy of what they have signed because this speeds up the chance to know what you need to do or your rights to stop it going ahead. Or even when a person when has most of or all of funds knows they have been stupid to allow the force feeding of such a debt, they should be allowed to be simply as I said today took to private side room, give reasons for change of mind as they would put it and take the money back.

I have since learned say I was not as above and just changed my mind. Say I for instance had exceeded any cancellation period and I would be liable for charges. They should have still took the money back without hastle and looked into it further. Anothewords any charges I would have argued anyhow would at least have been less than what they are chasing now.

I can therefore only assume they put the fear of god into me into the branch to further encourage me to keep to the agreement as i would be penalised heavy. They totally disregarded the signs they should have picked up on and therefore I dont feel guilty anymore. Ive cried long and hard about how I cant enforce a simple word "NO" Why do people think I am so an easy hit? Because they have no morals and ill as I can get, I can at least say I have them.

Santnder dont record most of their calls or record on systems, they dont answer letters, thats there problem not mine. They do seem to have a superior complex like last time the hospital asked me, do I feel above others, think they were waiting for an answer about being a god or something, but I answered no. I have issues that I know better not to tell even them, I have two kids to look after first. I feel santander need to visit the 'shrink' :) I mean they could happily say we are higher than the FOS :):)

Now I will stop ranting on till hear something new xxxxx :) But I feel better, more in control, I just hope others like me find this site xx