• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Advice on EGG Loan agreement please!

bobogosing
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

]Hello,

Can someone please have a look at this Egg loan agreement?

I want to offer EGG a F&F settlement. If the agreement is unenforceable, I am hoping I can offer at a low % as I need to pay back the lifeline I am getting from a member of family. Hope I am making sense.

bobo

Hopefully these are better to see.

egg cca.jpg

cca3.jpg

cca2.jpg

eggcca.jpg

cca2.jpg

cca3.jpg

Edited by citizenB
tidying up thread with broken links

follow the light!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:???:Sorry for all these uploads. Its really complicated all these high tech.

bump....bump....bump!

Anyone there:sad:

Edited by citizenB
merged 3 bumps to tidy thread :)

follow the light!

Guest Jason King

Hello

I believe your agreement is unenforceable due to the loan and PPI being on one agreement, it should be seperate.

I'm sure someone will be along soon!

Thanks Jason for reading my post. Can some one tell me, on this statement http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/...ing17/cca3.jpg

On 15 Nov 2007, PPI Removal & Credit, what does that mean? Does this effect the agreement? Really appreciate any advice. Thanks bobo

follow the light!

Thanks Jason for reading my post. Can some one tell me, on this statement http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/...ing17/cca3.jpg

On 15 Nov 2007, PPI Removal & Credit, what does that mean? Does this effect the agreement? Really appreciate any advice. Thanks bobo

Hi, responding to your S.O.S.

Did you ask for the PPI in the first place ? Did you ask for the PPI to be cancelled ? This looks to me as though they have refunded an amount through the PPI which has been credited to your account.

I would have thought that the agreement would have then had to be restructured ? It doesnt look right to me, but in what way, I dont understand.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This is purely speculation on my part.

I have been doing some looking around and I remembered this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?171037-Multiple-agreements-falling-within-section-18-CCA-1974&p=1845581&viewfull=1#post1845581

In my opinion, there is possibly another issue

The CCA 1974 (as amended) only covered debts up to £25,000(this limit was removed in 08 I think) and the total amount credited was over £28k

I also think the paperwork should have been redone as without PPI payments, your monthly payment should have been reduced

(preparing to be shot down in flames:razz:)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I also think the paperwork should have been redone as without PPI payments, your monthly payment should have been reduced

(preparing to be shot down in flames:razz:)

You are correct, the loan should have been re-scheduled but can be done now. the ppi needs to be refunded in full plus interest, for both the period prior to the default and for the balance ppi. It is also single premium ppi which is the biggest rip-off known to man.

calcukate the ppi rebate, stick in the ppi claim form on the fos website and then mske a 50% f&f MINUS the ppi claimed.

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

You are correct, the loan should have been re-scheduled but can be done now. the ppi needs to be refunded in full plus interest, for both the period prior to the default and for the balance ppi. It is also single premium ppi which is the biggest rip-off known to man.

calcukate the ppi rebate, stick in the ppi claim form on the fos website and then mske a 50% f&f MINUS the ppi claimed.

I agree with everything apart from the last point. I think it's far too early to offer anything like 50%. Again is this your copy of the agreement - or did you get it from Egg? Again Egg may well not have their copy of the ORIGINAL signed agreement - not not needed to satisfy CCA request - but IS needed to enforce the debt- so don't let them know YOU have your copy.

I got a 40% deal on an RBS/Direct Line loan - after paying zero for over 3 years - because they kept sending me copies of a LOMBARD loan agreement - totally different to the Direct Line one I had - and I got them to admit in writing it was a "true copy". They then settled for 40% PDQ - might have got even better but I was just so glad to get them out of my hair after 3+ years of letter tennis.

Just another point - if the PPI charges are to be refunded plus interest - does the arrears quoted not end up wrong and invalidate any DN? What is the DN/TN situation here?

BD

I agree with everything apart from the last point. I think it's far too early to offer anything like 50%. Again is this your copy of the agreement - or did you get it from Egg? Again Egg may well not have their copy of the ORIGINAL signed agreement - not not needed to satisfy CCA request - but IS needed to enforce the debt- so don't let them know YOU have your copy.

The agreement is from EGG. Its was sent to me when I cca them.

I got a 40% deal on an RBS/Direct Line loan - after paying zero for over 3 years - because they kept sending me copies of a LOMBARD loan agreement - totally different to the Direct Line one I had - and I got them to admit in writing it was a "true copy". They then settled for 40% PDQ - might have got even better but I was just so glad to get them out of my hair after 3+ years of letter tennis.

Just another point - if the PPI charges are to be refunded plus interest - does the arrears quoted not end up wrong and invalidate any DN? What is the DN/TN situation here?

I have no idea:???:, need to SAR Egg so that I know where I stand. Do I send the SAR request to the same address where Payplan is paying my monthly payments? Thanks bobo

BD

I feel so useless, just wished I kept all the paperwork then I wont need to go through this. :frown:

follow the light!

BD

Bobo

I'm hoping someone will see this bit and tell us. I don't know either.

BD

I feel so useless, just wished I kept all the paperwork then I wont need to go through this. :frown:

Doing a SAR is easy once you've got the template the way you want it on your PC. The real work is for the OC who has to do hours of work getting the stuff for you for a paltry £10 payment - poetic justice though!

BD

Doing a SAR is easy once you've got the template the way you want it on your PC. The real work is for the OC who has to do hours of work getting the stuff for you for a paltry £10 payment - poetic justice though!

BD

Well, that a consolation!:-)

follow the light!

While I've been digging aroung for paperwork. This have caught my attention.

" We would ask you to note very carefully that in financial mis-selling cases, which fall under the rules of contract law, court proceedings must be commenced within 6 years of the date of breach of contract. If not your claim will be statute barred, which means that you will not be able to pursue your claim in the Courts and may have no legal remedy."

This was send by a solicitor firm. Is this true?

follow the light!

I believe he labours under a common misconception. General Lawyers usually do!

As I understand it the 6 years starts from when you KNEW about it - not from when it first happended. Look at some of my postsv in the Capital One threads and you'll see more on the Limitation SAct which is what he refers to.

BD

I believe he labours under a common misconception. General Lawyers usually do!

As I understand it the 6 years starts from when you KNEW about it - not from when it first happended. Look at some of my postsv in the Capital One threads and you'll see more on the Limitation SAct which is what he refers to.

BD

Oh, I see!! Thanks

follow the light!

Morning,

Although the debt exists after 6 years it won't show on your credit file. No creditor can add another default to your file

If you haven't paid anything in those 6 years nor said, "yes this is my debt" then that's it, it's Statute Barred

• Confused 1

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

SF

What about the case where you haven't paid or acknowledged a debt since say, Oct 2004 - but you got a DN on it (out of the blue) in Aug 2010. Does this Default stay on your file until Aug 2016 - or disappear when the SB date of Oct 2010 comes along? I take it that in any case the debt is still SB in Oct 2010?

Also do you know anything about the possibility that the time period for anything on our credit file was going to be (or may still be) reduced to 3 years to help people move on more quickly afer sorting themselves out?

I ask because I have a couple debts approaching the SB time - but the DN's on them are a lot more recent, and while I never intend to borrow personal loans or use credit cards again, I would like my file cleaned up in order to get better mortgage deals or car finance more easily in future.

BD

SF

What about the case where you haven't paid or acknowledged a debt since say, Oct 2004 - but you got a DN on it (out of the blue) in Aug 2010. Does this Default stay on your file until Aug 2016 - or disappear when the SB date of Oct 2010 comes along? I take it that in any case the debt is still SB in Oct 2010?

It all depends on what date is on the DN. If the DN's date is OCT 04 then it will disappear OCT 10.

If they have placed a brand new default dated AUG 10, complain to them and Trading Standards as the OFT guidance states that defaults should be placed in a timely manner and certainly within 6 months of non payment

Also do you know anything about the possibility that the time period for anything on our credit file was going to be (or may still be) reduced to 3 years to help people move on more quickly afer sorting themselves out?

I did read that but nothing has come of it (that I know of)

I ask because I have a couple debts approaching the SB time - but the DN's on them are a lot more recent, and while I never intend to borrow personal loans or use credit cards again, I would like my file cleaned up in order to get better mortgage deals or car finance more easily in future.

BD

Hope that helps