• Tweets

• Hello and welcome to CAG. People should be along to advise over the course of the day.   Which retailer are we talking about please?   By the way, something seems to have gone wrong with the spacing in your post above so I've popped in some paragraphs.   Best, HB
    • I'm after some advice before I fill in and return the section 172 "request for driver name and address".  I am the registered keeper of the vehicle stated .   The alleged offence (Exceeding variable Motorway speed limit 68mph in a 60mph zone) was committed on 29/07/2020, the NIP is dated 31/07/2020.  On Wednesday the 29th July 2020 a friend and I were driving for a much needed break from South Wales to spend a few days in Yorkshire, we shared the driving for the 4.5 hour journey at just over an hour at a time each.    My problem is this, 1.I have no idea of the location or recollection of the place to which the police refer (M1 Northbound Duckmanton Derbyshire?)  and 2. I cannot say with any accuracy which of us were the driver at that particular time.  I have a clean driving licence and am usually very speed aware using the cruise control at most times.   an offence for a mere 8mph on a motorway with everything that is going on at the moment seems extremely harsh IMO.     I would much appreciate if anyone could offer help / advice at what I should do next? Many thanks  🙁
    • Hello just asking,? I purchased a discount new cooker as it had cosmetic damage, paid £250 After a few days I noticed the fan never went off, I contacted the company and they finally collected the cooker and took it away, ( for 7 days) And fixed it,   It never seamt right? It steamed up in the clock panel and the oven door was mis-lined It had multiple dints in the sides Top panel missing on the door to stop food dropping in, Shelving didn’t fit well Then main fan started to rattle and tap   I put up with all this as it was *discounted Then one day whilst cooking we could smell a funny smell Turns out the wires had melted on the back of cooker I contacted the company again and it took a lot of phone calls to try and get the problem dealt with, speaking to several different staff....I wanted a refund or replacement I had had the cooker 6 months just! I asked for a refund or replacement    I contacted trading standards and citizens advice and they advised me what steps to take! Finally the company offered to replace the cooker, then later changed! As they explained that nothing came in to replace it they were too damaged! ( been told they buy at auction damaged) They wanted to look at the cooker and inspect the damage themselves, so I agreed they collected the cooker, No update, or communication I had to constantly chase them up Nothing was sorted out with 7 days we had no cooker, I threatened Trading standards were now involved Last thing on a Friday in June they rang to say I can collect the cooker it’s fixed!!!! I had expressed all along I didn’t feel safe using this cooker anymore with my family I didn’t want this cooker fixing again ( by whom) They started to blame me and said I should be grateful they aren’t charging me for the repair!   Still today in August this is not resolved  Trading standards have been useless  Citizens advice have told me to take them to small claims court!???? I have had to purchase another cooker  As I’ve been left without one.   I am in a vulnerable situation in life, Im a carer for my husband and have children and have no one to help me sort this mess out! I am struggling with making the county court claim ? What shall I do?   ( sorry for long message) ✨
    • The committee's report is pretty damning, isn't it? The Home Office refused to supply the scientific evidence it said its decisions were based on and you can possibly see Demonic's hand in this - he has form for ignoring select committees.
    • and that facts start to come out 'Inexplicable' failure to quarantine travellers to the UK made pandemic 'far worse', say MPs UK ‘almost unique’ in rejecting border checks in crucial March period – without scientific basis – as hundreds of infected passengers arrived every day   https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-uk-quarantine-travel-cases-deaths-covid-a9653451.html   "Strikingly, it says the Home Office refused to set out any scientific advice to explain the “grave error”, despite repeatedly promising to do so – a stance attacked as “completely unacceptable”."   So even aside from not testing in any way people who returned: "Yvette Cooper, the committee’s chair, said the critical mistake was the decision on 13 March – 10 days before lockdown – “to remove all self-isolation guidance for travellers arriving in the UK”."   "The MPs also pour scorn on the Home Office’s argument that 99.9 per cent of arrivals are obeying requirements to quarantine for two weeks, finally introduced in June. They describe the claim, made by home secretary Priti Patel as “unreliable”, because it appeared to be based only a limited number of compliance checks made and three fines issued."       So not only did Johnsons cronies NOT make any efforts whatsoever to test people returning, and NOT properly check people were self isolating, they actually stopped telling returnees to self isolate for 10 days before the country was locked down as the number of epidemic infections exploded.   Wonder why?   "The committee’s inquiry heard that, in the crucial 10 days between scrapping isolation guidance and the lockdown, up to 10,000 infected people arrived."  
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 8 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
bobogosing

Advice on EGG Loan agreement please!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3582 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

]Hello,

Can someone please have a look at this Egg loan agreement?

I want to offer EGG a F&F settlement. If the agreement is unenforceable, I am hoping I can offer at a low % as I need to pay back the lifeline I am getting from a member of family. Hope I am making sense.

bobo

Hopefully these are better to see.

egg cca.jpg

cca3.jpg

cca2.jpg

eggcca.jpg

cca2.jpg

cca3.jpg

Edited by citizenB
tidying up thread with broken links

follow the light!

:???:Sorry for all these uploads. Its really complicated all these high tech.

bump....bump....bump!

Anyone there:sad:

Edited by citizenB
merged 3 bumps to tidy thread :)

follow the light!

Guest Jason King

Hello

I believe your agreement is unenforceable due to the loan and PPI being on one agreement, it should be seperate.

I'm sure someone will be along soon!

Thanks Jason for reading my post. Can some one tell me, on this statement http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/...ing17/cca3.jpg

On 15 Nov 2007, PPI Removal & Credit, what does that mean? Does this effect the agreement? Really appreciate any advice. Thanks bobo

follow the light!

Morning everyone! bump bump.......please someone have a look at mt egg loan cca. Thanks bobo

follow the light!

bump:-(

follow the light!

subbing. thx.

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

Thanks Jason for reading my post. Can some one tell me, on this statement http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/...ing17/cca3.jpg

On 15 Nov 2007, PPI Removal & Credit, what does that mean? Does this effect the agreement? Really appreciate any advice. Thanks bobo

Hi, responding to your S.O.S.

Did you ask for the PPI in the first place ? Did you ask for the PPI to be cancelled ? This looks to me as though they have refunded an amount through the PPI which has been credited to your account.

I would have thought that the agreement would have then had to be restructured ? It doesnt look right to me, but in what way, I dont understand.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hello citizenB, really appreciate your time. No, I didn't ask for PPI. Where do I go from here please? Can I offer them F&F settlement offer at a low % if the agreements is not right?

follow the light!

This is purely speculation on my part.

I have been doing some looking around and I remembered this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?171037-Multiple-agreements-falling-within-section-18-CCA-1974&p=1845581&viewfull=1#post1845581

In my opinion, there is possibly another issue

The CCA 1974 (as amended) only covered debts up to £25,000(this limit was removed in 08 I think) and the total amount credited was over £28k

I also think the paperwork should have been redone as without PPI payments, your monthly payment should have been reduced

(preparing to be shot down in flames:razz:)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I also think the paperwork should have been redone as without PPI payments, your monthly payment should have been reduced

(preparing to be shot down in flames:razz:)

You are correct, the loan should have been re-scheduled but can be done now. the ppi needs to be refunded in full plus interest, for both the period prior to the default and for the balance ppi. It is also single premium ppi which is the biggest rip-off known to man.

calcukate the ppi rebate, stick in the ppi claim form on the fos website and then mske a 50% f&f MINUS the ppi claimed.

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

Thanks all. Need to get off the internet, will read all PMs and replies and I will keep you all update later tonight. bobo

follow the light!

You are correct, the loan should have been re-scheduled but can be done now. the ppi needs to be refunded in full plus interest, for both the period prior to the default and for the balance ppi. It is also single premium ppi which is the biggest rip-off known to man.

calcukate the ppi rebate, stick in the ppi claim form on the fos website and then mske a 50% f&f MINUS the ppi claimed.

I agree with everything apart from the last point. I think it's far too early to offer anything like 50%. Again is this your copy of the agreement - or did you get it from Egg? Again Egg may well not have their copy of the ORIGINAL signed agreement - not not needed to satisfy CCA request - but IS needed to enforce the debt- so don't let them know YOU have your copy.

I got a 40% deal on an RBS/Direct Line loan - after paying zero for over 3 years - because they kept sending me copies of a LOMBARD loan agreement - totally different to the Direct Line one I had - and I got them to admit in writing it was a "true copy". They then settled for 40% PDQ - might have got even better but I was just so glad to get them out of my hair after 3+ years of letter tennis.

Just another point - if the PPI charges are to be refunded plus interest - does the arrears quoted not end up wrong and invalidate any DN? What is the DN/TN situation here?

BD

£50k saved and £7k charges refunded:

MBNA & A&L 35% F&F direct - saved £23k. Birmingham Midshires £1700 charges refunded

Abbey Loan/BCW 50% - saved £2k. Barclaycard/CSL 40% - saved £6k

Monument/DCA 35% - saved £1k. LTSB/Wescot 50% - saved £4k

HBOS Visa £5k charges refund via Blair Oliver Scott

RBS Direct Line/(genuine) solicitors June 2010 40% - saved £3k

Morgan Stanley/Aktiv Kapital £11k SB Nov 2010

Over £40k balance write off and charges refunds to fight for:

HBOS O/d Charges £5k. Egg Loan/Aktiv Kapital CCA Dispute £8k

Egg Card/Fredrickson taking £5 monthly but CCA & Charges Dispute £4k

Goldfish/1st Credit DN/TN Dispute £9k. Capital One/CSL charges claim £4k

Barclaycard/CSL taking £5 monthly on £10k debt

I hope I have helped - if I have please hit my star - and recognise the others who have helped too.

Bigdebtor

I agree with everything apart from the last point. I think it's far too early to offer anything like 50%. Again is this your copy of the agreement - or did you get it from Egg? Again Egg may well not have their copy of the ORIGINAL signed agreement - not not needed to satisfy CCA request - but IS needed to enforce the debt- so don't let them know YOU have your copy.

The agreement is from EGG. Its was sent to me when I cca them.

I got a 40% deal on an RBS/Direct Line loan - after paying zero for over 3 years - because they kept sending me copies of a LOMBARD loan agreement - totally different to the Direct Line one I had - and I got them to admit in writing it was a "true copy". They then settled for 40% PDQ - might have got even better but I was just so glad to get them out of my hair after 3+ years of letter tennis.

Just another point - if the PPI charges are to be refunded plus interest - does the arrears quoted not end up wrong and invalidate any DN? What is the DN/TN situation here?

I have no idea:???:, need to SAR Egg so that I know where I stand. Do I send the SAR request to the same address where Payplan is paying my monthly payments? Thanks bobo

BD

I feel so useless, just wished I kept all the paperwork then I wont need to go through this. :frown:

follow the light!

BD

Bobo

I'm hoping someone will see this bit and tell us. I don't know either.

BD

MBNA & A&L 35% F&F direct - saved £23k. Birmingham Midshires £1700 charges refunded

I hope I have helped - if I have please hit my star - and recognise the others who have helped too.

Bigdebtor

I feel so useless, just wished I kept all the paperwork then I wont need to go through this. :frown:

Doing a SAR is easy once you've got the template the way you want it on your PC. The real work is for the OC who has to do hours of work getting the stuff for you for a paltry £10 payment - poetic justice though!

BD

Bigdebtor

Doing a SAR is easy once you've got the template the way you want it on your PC. The real work is for the OC who has to do hours of work getting the stuff for you for a paltry £10 payment - poetic justice though!

BD

Well, that a consolation!:-)

follow the light!

While I've been digging aroung for paperwork. This have caught my attention.

" We would ask you to note very carefully that in financial mis-selling cases, which fall under the rules of contract law, court proceedings must be commenced within 6 years of the date of breach of contract. If not your claim will be statute barred, which means that you will not be able to pursue your claim in the Courts and may have no legal remedy."

This was send by a solicitor firm. Is this true?

follow the light!

I believe he labours under a common misconception. General Lawyers usually do!

As I understand it the 6 years starts from when you KNEW about it - not from when it first happended. Look at some of my postsv in the Capital One threads and you'll see more on the Limitation SAct which is what he refers to.

BD

Bigdebtor

I believe he labours under a common misconception. General Lawyers usually do!

As I understand it the 6 years starts from when you KNEW about it - not from when it first happended. Look at some of my postsv in the Capital One threads and you'll see more on the Limitation SAct which is what he refers to.

BD

Oh, I see!! Thanks

follow the light!

Morning All!

Can anyone tell me, once the defaults been on the credit file for 6 years, what happens next? As I understands the defaults are wiped off after 6 years but what happens if the debts are not paid off?

follow the light!

Morning,

Although the debt exists after 6 years it won't show on your credit file. No creditor can add another default to your file

If you haven't paid anything in those 6 years nor said, "yes this is my debt" then that's it, it's Statute Barred

• Confused 1

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

SF

What about the case where you haven't paid or acknowledged a debt since say, Oct 2004 - but you got a DN on it (out of the blue) in Aug 2010. Does this Default stay on your file until Aug 2016 - or disappear when the SB date of Oct 2010 comes along? I take it that in any case the debt is still SB in Oct 2010?

Also do you know anything about the possibility that the time period for anything on our credit file was going to be (or may still be) reduced to 3 years to help people move on more quickly afer sorting themselves out?

I ask because I have a couple debts approaching the SB time - but the DN's on them are a lot more recent, and while I never intend to borrow personal loans or use credit cards again, I would like my file cleaned up in order to get better mortgage deals or car finance more easily in future.

BD

Bigdebtor

SF

What about the case where you haven't paid or acknowledged a debt since say, Oct 2004 - but you got a DN on it (out of the blue) in Aug 2010. Does this Default stay on your file until Aug 2016 - or disappear when the SB date of Oct 2010 comes along? I take it that in any case the debt is still SB in Oct 2010?

It all depends on what date is on the DN. If the DN's date is OCT 04 then it will disappear OCT 10.

If they have placed a brand new default dated AUG 10, complain to them and Trading Standards as the OFT guidance states that defaults should be placed in a timely manner and certainly within 6 months of non payment

Also do you know anything about the possibility that the time period for anything on our credit file was going to be (or may still be) reduced to 3 years to help people move on more quickly afer sorting themselves out?

I did read that but nothing has come of it (that I know of)

I ask because I have a couple debts approaching the SB time - but the DN's on them are a lot more recent, and while I never intend to borrow personal loans or use credit cards again, I would like my file cleaned up in order to get better mortgage deals or car finance more easily in future.

BD

Hope that helps