recent default dates on very old debts

kadie71

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently been receiving lots of demands for very old debts, after getting advice from the forums I requested my credit file. I have a credit card debt that was taken out in 2000, but they are listing the default date as 2008? now hands up I know I owe this but defaulted on it well before 2008 - I think probably around 2002/2003. Can they change the default date and now try & get a ccj? So far I have not responded to any letters but am getting so many I really need to get on top of it all.

Can they change the default date and now try & get a ccj?
No & if you haven't made a payment or written acknowledgement of the debt for a clear period of six years it will be Statute Barred in any case. You could send them leters # 2 & 5 http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors.html and make a complaint to the ICO https://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

As cerberus says regarding SB

They probably found you because of a credit application, even something as small as a change of phone supplier etc, as all these DCA **** have shares in the CRAs, and they get the perks, such as getting flagged as soon as anyone applies for anything!

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site