No refund, what are my options?

sh2010
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am a complete newbie and I could do with some advice from you people in the know!

Basically, we ordered some sunglasses from a website and had the payment taken from a credit card. A couple of days after the payment had been taken we received an email saying they were out of stock. They said they would get them back in stock in the future and would ship them "as soon as possible". We decided to cancel the order and ask for a refund as the sunglasses were a birthday present and needed them by a certain date. We emailed the company requesting a refund and received a reply stating they were "sorry they couldn't complete the order" and we would "receive the refund in 7 - 14 working days".

One month later, we have still not seen the refund. We have sent them numerous emails and have not received any responses. Basically, we would like to know our options. We think we may have some rights under the DSR's, but do not know how to go about enforcing our rights. Having now done a bit of research into this company, it seems this isn't the first time this has happened and we aren't the first people this has happened to!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Steve

We haven't yet as we are unsure what happens when we go through the credit card company. Do the credit card company refund the amount and then chase it from the website? Do we have to pay any fees for them doing this?

Apologies, but in 7 years of buying stuff off the internet, this is the first time I have had any issues! If it was a shop not playing fair then I would just go into the branch and kick up a fuss (aka have a tantrum) until I received an amicable settlement!

Steve

Hi sh2010

A couple of thing you can do,

1) Check to see if your Credit Card company have a Charge Back Scheme,

2) You can send the following letter, make sure you send it recorded:-

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_you_buy/making-complaint/template-letters/dsr_letter/

Make sure you delete this bit:- 'Please contact me within 14 days to arrange collection/ return of the goods'.