Faulty Sofa

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone help me please. I purchase 2 recliner sofa online in May this year. Both of them have developed a fault. There was no guard protectors on the recliner bit and the leather has ripped. I contacted the retailer who told me he would send an engineer. They arrived last Thursday and said that they could be fixed.

Today I have received the report and they have informed me they are taking the ends of the sofas away next week to be fixed.

I am not happy with this as How can I be guaranteed the same colour of leather will be the same or match.

I have asked for my money back as the purchase is not fit for use as I have been told by the engineer that I can't use the recliners.

Can I claim under section 75 of my credit card? Can you please give me advise urgently as I am desperate.

colour matching leather can be done without too much hassle, depending on the type of leather.

Why can't you use the recliners? Has the engineer said that they will rip again?

You can claim under s75, if there is a breach of contract.

• Confused 1

The engineer told me that I was not allowed to use any of the recliners as it would exasperate the problem. Basicaly I know have two sofas that can not be reclined and have been informed that the engineer is picking up the ends of the 2 and 3 seater sofa suite and they will be away for approximately 3 weeks. As far as the engineer is concerned we will still have the other bits of the sofa which we are suppost to sit on. I have allready informed the company that I purchased the sofas from and they are not taking any responsibility. It has all been passed to the engineer. I have now contacted my credit card company and sent a Section 75 refund demand letter

• 1 month later...