style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3319 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can anone give me some help........my daughter still lives at home with her dad, hes in a lot of debt and theres a good possibility that the baliffs will become involved...........can anyone tell me if her personal property can be removed to pay this debt........thanks.............x

Hello and Welcome, MGLOVER.

I'll move this thread to the Bailiff Forum, can you please give some more information regarding the debts.

Check your Notifications, I'll send you a Private Message with the 'link' to this thread.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

They cannot remove any of her goods, they will try but they can't. You can fill out and sign a form for things like his tv and any valuables he wants to keep, can't remember what's it's called but someone here will know. It basically transfers ownership to his daughter and they can't touch it.

My respect to people who post regularly and help people out on here. Without your help alot of wrongs would have been committed.

Best bet is for her dad to sell her everything for a token amount. Your daughter then gets a Statutory Declaration done stating all goods are hers. There may be a question arise about transfer of assets but if done for a reasonable amount this can be overturned. Of course if there are any goods on HP or other finance they can't be done.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

what sort of 'debts' are we talking about here?

Bailiffs cannot touch anything that does not belong to the debtor.

Your daughter or her father does not have to let the bailiffs into the property. I advise to hide any assets that they may have out side of the property ie; cars.

Thankyou.......x

Sample of a Stat Dec if needed

STATUTORY DECLARATION

I,____________________________ ______________

address_________________________________________________

make the following declaration under the Statutory Declarations Act 1959:

All items contained within the property at the above address and within it's boundaries, are owned by Mr XXX XXXX & Mrs XXX XXXX . There are no items within the property or it's boundaries belonging to any other person.

I understand that a person who intentionally makes a false statement in a statutory declaration is guilty of an offence under section 11 of the Statutory Declarations Act 1959, and I believe that the statements in this declaration are true in every particular.

Signed:

Declared at___________________on__________________of 20___

Before me,

Full Name___________________________Qualification____________

Address__________________________________________________

of person before whom the declaration is made (in printed letters)

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.