Need advise please

Tillysocute
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok heres the story..

Im 53 and been out of work since may2010..I was at an agency prior to that and contract finished...

I have tried and tried to find work and this has been severly hindered by my not being able to drive and i fear my age!!..I apply for anything and everything..Mostly i dont even get replies!! That makes me cross :(

At the jobcentre,that i now have to attend weekly..they always comment on how much i do in the week to fulfill my commitment to get back into work but i think they all live in a different world in there where jobs are plentilful..

I was even made to go for a post as an opticians assistant (must have experience)

I have no qualification and when i took them in the rejection letter to show him ..he said "we dont want to see those do we"!!!!??? He kept saying you must show artistic license???

Now my problem..I was given a post to go for 3 weeks ago at the jsa in BOOTS 28 miles away from where i live...I would have had to catch train and a bus...But i applied on line..for 3 actually 2 temp posts and one permanant... I received no email to say they had received my application ...so a week later i wrote to the store and enclosed a cv...Still no reply... I didnt use recorded delivery...I just have enough money to buy a stamp....

Yesterday i went onto the boots website and applied for another job nearer to home and again no email from them to say they had received my application... Today i receive a letter from jsa saying a doubt has arisen regarding my cliam for jsa..As i didnt follow up the boots job!! I could cry...What more do i have to do...

I have no proof i did all i did..Like i said most dont even have the common decency to say thanks but no thanks.... If im sanctioned and lose the pittance i do receive i shall lose my home get into serious debt and god knows what else...

The best part is i am on medication for chronic depression and clinging on by the skin of my teeth to stay in the real world and not let this illness take over me... I refused a sick note on the grounds i wanted to continue to look for work... Only to get a kick in the teeth for my efforts...

I even applied for 12 hours cleaning tha pays the same as js a just so i didnt have to go in there anymore and i didnt even get that !!!

Maybe i should take the sicknote but then i will have even worse problems trying to proove to atos doctors that i am poorly....

What the hell am i going to do??? I would appreciate some advise please im desperate tilly

Hi Tilly,

So far as sanctions and proof of applying for jobs goes, I would suggest that you print out any job applications that you apply for on line; before submitting the application itself. I would also recommend print out the e-mail once it has been sent, as the application form quite often is an attachment to an e-mail. This will show that you are doing your best. Once you have sent your e-mail for a job, go to your sent folder open the e-mail and print it out. I do hope you have a printer. Then keep all of the e-mails and applications , so you can produce them when requested to do so. DO NOT ever throw any of them away. Kepp all of them until you have found a job. Sometimes you keep them for say three months then throw them away, but then something happens and it comes back to bite you. Hope this helps a little.

Cheers - S.G.

I dont have a printer so from now on i will have to go to the library to print things off... I have done this before when people reply to me ..Thank you

Have just phoned for a cleaning job at a local school and got an interview in the morning... Only 10 hours a week and less that jsa but at least i wont have them breathing down my neck and stressing me out !!! So fingers crossed

Thanks for advise

tilly