Urgent Help Needed

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3675 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Can anyone help me with this..

I defending a claim for a credit card debt..

the dca has supplied microfische copy of an agreement, faulty default notice and faulty notice of assignment..

the dca has served another default notice on me while litigation is in progress, therefore I think they are tyring to suggest that the agreement is still live..

what I need to know is.. does the court action to demand full payment terminate the agreement, or was it terminated when it was sold to the dca

thanks.... johnny

Hi,

First of all, you cannot be defaulted for the same debt twice

If the DCA are the sole claimant then they must have bought the debt. If they were collecting on behalf of the original creditor(OC) the OC would be named as co-claimants

As you have received a DN (albeit faulty. Why is it faulty?) and a NOA, (how is that faulty?) then this account is terminated

So, to answer your question, the account was terminated when it was sold.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Silverfox1961,

thanks for your reply..

I think I need to send them a letter accepting their unlawfull rescission of the agreement, should I send this to the oc? and the dca?

also is there a limit to how long after I can accept the termination?

thanks...Johnny