DPA request ignored, 40 days nearly over

iman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent letter requesting refund of charges and also made dpa request by registered post on the 20th February. They received letter on the 21st February. after about a week i received standard letter saying charges not illegal and they will not refund. they made no mention of DPA request. Today is the 36th day and they have another 4 days before the 40 day is over.

I was wondering if i should send another letter by registered post tomorrow saying they have three days left to furnish me with the information before i report them to Information commissioner. However if they agree to refund all the charges within the next 3 days then i would not report them.

If i need to report them do i have to fill in the complaints form from the information commissioner website or is there a quicker way?

This is one occasion where a phone call could be warranted.

I had to with both Natwest and Ikea. Both got their fingers out sharpish when I told them they had only 3 days left or I would complain to the IC.

And it's sooo satisfying to hear then squirm for a change...

BUT: Don't confuse the issues. The IC has nothing to do with the bank charges, only with the DPA.

You can report them to the IC for non-compliance on the DPA, and you can sue them for the refund. You can't threaten them with the IC if they don't pay up.

I disagree.

If they can't work their internal postal system efficiently, it's their problem, not iman's.

The letter said DPA request. Someone answered "no refund" and ignored the DPA request, that is definitely their problem.

Why give them any more time? They have a legal duty to comply within a certain time constraint (and a fairly generous one at that), if they ignore it, it's at their peril.

My thoughts exactly bookworm.

I actually called them on the 29th and reminded them that they were very near the 40th day. The person on the other end said he can see my letter was answered, i replied yes i had gotten a reply but one that did not address the points i raised and completely ignored dpa request. He then said he would make a note of it. I called back today saying 40 day almost up, i was informed that a letter had been posted today and that i would receive statements within next 5 days.

Im not entirely happy with 5 days but i have waited this long....... soon as i get the statements i will be making a claim just like i did with halifax.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks