Jumping cursor driving me mad

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a Amilo Li 1705 laptop. All the drivers are updated and correct along with anti-virus etc.

As I type the cursor takes it upon itself to jump all over the text and continues my typing anywhere it gets to. I am a professional typist and know its definitely not me - I am not hitting the wrong keys. Words will appear in the middle of other words 10 lines above!!!!

Does anyone know what this is and how to fix it??????

Running Vista, got a feeling its a conflict of drivers but Fujitsu-Siemens check says mine are all ok and updated correctly.

Thanks

OK this is my solution... get a bit of card and tape it on one side over the touchpad. Flip the card off the touchpad to use it and back over the touchpad to type.

The touchpad also clicks like a mouse, and you touch it with the palm of your hand when you type.

(Most laptops put a button to turn the touchpad off, but Fujitsu Semens didn't:|)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Your anti virus may not necessarily find Malware. First try downloading Malware Bytes and performing a full scan.

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html

If malware is not the cause, then open the "Control Panel", double click on the "Mouse" icon, then click on the 'Pointer Options' tab, then UNCHECK the box next to "Enhance Pointer Precision".

Lots of other people have had the same problem with different solutions. I googled this one but you could Goolge yourself and look at other peoples views on the problem.

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6129_102-0.html?threadID=66043

If still no joy, then just get back to us.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I had the same problem before working out I was hitting the mouse pad, still drives me mad from time to time. You should try connecting a USB keyboard and seeing if the problem goes away. Then you will know for sure.

I have have also had this issue happen when it wasn't the mouse pad but in fact one or two of the keys were sticking and causing the error.

how long has this been doing it

i'e is this a problem that has recently appeared

it's being ok till then?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It went on for months and when I updated some drivers it disappeared. I then downloaded a program from Fujitsu-Siemens that will automatically update any new releases of drivers. The only other thing that is strange is that the laptop often freezes - also when just using office (word, excel, etc) and when on the internet. I dont usually have many screens open at a time (2-3) but its like there is a load going on in the background but I have checked the files in the control panel and it looks like only the essential programs are there. Even when you press enter you get a beep/click warning to leave it alone and then you cant even reboot (Ctrl, Alt + Del wont work either). Not sure if these are connected along with a weak signal strength but I think that is more to do with the Virgin line but its particular worse on this laptop. Hope that makes sense and isnt too confusing.

Thanks

urm.

me thinks there is more to this that meet the eye

trojan like smell coming over rather strongly.

can you 1st

on the internet

do

tools/inernet options/advanced

drag the cursor right down the list

find the one that say empty internet temp folder on exit [or alike]

and make SURE that box is ticked please

then close the internet.

next download and run a program called

glary utils [use a search engine to find it]

use the link thats points to the majorgeeks site

and get it from there ONLY.

then install and run glary utils

there is an extra tick box for spyware tick that

it has a one hit wonder button

do that

when all is done there

do this:

http://onecare.live.com/site/en-US/center/howsafe.htm?s_cid=mscom_msrt

dx

site team

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx, I have done all the above to say its made no difference or even worse. Just took me 3 mins to get on to reply, deleting an email button takes nearly a minute!!! The tick was already on the delete temp files folder. Results of scan were only 84 invalid items found and 824.1 MB of temporary files. Defragmenting not necessary. No virus, malware or anything other present.

I have restored the laptop from blank last year and it helped for a few days only. Could it just be the Virgin signal slowing everything down - on the bar for signal strength it only has 1 bar lit when it should really be 5 bars and we are supposed to be having the XL Broadband package from Virgin?????

The cursor jumping has stopped since yesterday, now its just the laptop constantly freezing.

Thanks (stuck again, 1 min to type thanks)

Googley

What antivirus are you using, and is it up to date?

If this is not some malicious software or you inadvertently touching the touchpad, My feeling is it's probably a faulty touchpad.

The low signal on your laptop is due to your distance and building materials between your laptop and your router.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

the 'speed' of the vm package will make no diff.

as a test

go near the router so's you get a better signal

then test.

dx

and they

I had Kaspergy last year, then McCaffee and now trying Avira. no difference but McCaffee was the slowest.

The signal gets no better when you go to the router and we are not in a built up area. By a very large main road with slip roads and roundabouts. Very open space really. The touchpad is working fine when I press the keys, eventually the laptop catches up and does everything very fast so I dont think its the touchpad.

something is puzzling here

your signal indication should go up dramatically if you get nearer the wireless router

and what a very open space has to do with it..............

anyhow, if you say you are on XL thats 20Mbps

that should be blinding speed.

2nd test

have you got a network cable? [cat5]

if so

pull that in the bacl of the router to the socket on your laptop

turn off the wireless on your laptop

poss slide sdwutch of a Fn+no.key press .

then try it

now

however i thing this is a red herring when it comes to your cursor moving and typing appearing in the middle of previous text.

there are two things that are happening here

one the cursor is being moved

and two the return of left pad button must be being hit

even a double tap will do the same

can you run:

http://www.trendsecure.com/portal2.1/en-GB/free_security_tools/housecall_free_scan.php

please and comeback

dx

and they

I have had the same problem with VM, turns out my laptop was automatically connecting to next doos router and not mine. I didn't even notice even when I only had 1 bar showing. Got on to VM and they just told me to disconnect the power from the router for 2 minutes then restart. I then had to reset the router and get a new password. Also, next door had to make their router password protected. just disconnecting the power and plugging it back in made a huge difference. Everything back to normal now though.

I must admit though, I am amazed that there is no virus at all with you problem.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Download Ccleaner - Ccleaner - tick all the boxes except the bottom (clean free space), one, you can tick this box but it can take longer.

Run the cleaner and clean out all the rubbish that will be in there. Then click on Registry and give that a clean. You will be surprised how much is just loafing that can interfere with running programs.

DX, I have ran the tendsecure program and it came back with nothing - all clear. I believe? I have what they call an Ethernet cable going from the box in the wall to the PC and the router is connected to the PC. Due to its location and my mobility problems its impossible to remove this cable. I have previously unplugged the wireless router cable from the router for a few mins but it made no difference. Please believe me when I say there is no possible way I am touching the pad whilest typing, my hands are quite far from it and I was a professional typist so keeps my fingers always on the middle line of the keyboard so my wrists dont even reach the touchpad and I would know if my thumbs were doing it.

Sod'em: Maybe on to something here. I know neighbours also have VM but I have just had to take some action against them and they are not happy bunnies with me so unable to ask them. I have often complained to Virgin about the bad signal but they try to blame my equipment (1 PC, 2 laptops - all faulty). If I havent said it (Brain fog)before the weak signal can also be a problem on the PC and the other laptop but I mostly use the FS Li 1705. When I check on the Network connections it shows the router signal as 5 bars (full - strong) but when I check on the bottom corner of the screen it comes up as 1 bar only.

if you have a cable going from the VM box to the pc then you are hardwired and not wireless so you are not connected via wireless at all

so's i dont know why this 'signal' thing is an isse.

now this wretched touchpad

i am prepared to connect to you syatem remotely and have a look at things for you

if that is in order

i'll send you details of how to let me through.

there is more to this than meets the eye me thinks

dx

and they

Definitely sounds like you have some form of infection that could be causing both problems.

Google for Avast Anti-Root Kit and try running that, Have come across some real nasty root kits

before and most anti virus applications miss the rootkits.

George

Edited by dx100uk
sorry not allowed