What should I expect at grievence appeal meeting tomorrow?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

This Problem has been on going since July, I have my appeal meeting tomorrow as the answers I received from my first meeting were a joke, just wondered what to expect tomorrow? do companies go into the appeal hearings with different tactics etc? any advice would be very appreciated!

Thanks xx

For starters, the appeal should be chaired by somebody, preferably at a more senior level, than whoever heard the original Grievance. I don't know whether tactics actually come into it, but certainly the appeal should be heard on it's merits. You should be allowed to speak freely as to why you feel that your original Grievance was dismissed, and put forward challenges as appropriate to the original findings. Your own tactics are equally as important as any which the employer may use, so all I can advise is to be as prepared as possible with facts rather than emotional arguments and don't be afraid to put people on the spot.

The important thing to remember is that there must be evidence on both sides. You need to demonstrate grounds for the complaint and they need to be able to dismiss those adequately. You will rarely succeed with a grievance based on personalities, but the more factual evidence you can give, the better for your case.

Good Luck!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

The appeal chairman will be looking to see if the decision maker at the first hearing did everything correctly, ie from a procedural point of view as well as making the decision according to the evidence. If these things were fairly decided then you would be in with a chance but they rarely are. Managers back up what junior managers do because when it comes down to it those managers enact the flawed policies made by the senior manager.

In our experience you only get "justice" when you get outside to an Employment Tribunal. Record the proceedings because the management notes are more often than not doctored to show that the law has been complied with. Hopefully you have had sight of the management notes at the first hearing?