disputing debt collectors payment record

Dollydoo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need copies of bank statements but can't afford the £5 per statement as I need around 20+. Should I just send a SAR - also I'm disputing the amount I still owe to the dca, and don't agree with the list of payments they've just sent, should I send them a SAR also? would the dca have to give me everything they have on file? thanks.

It would depend on how you made your payments to the DCA - if it is via a Bank Account that would be covered if you SAR your bank then that would be sufficient. Not sure it would be necessary to SAR the DCA as they should send you regular Statements anyway.

Have you been down the CCA route?

yes tried cca but thats a separate issue as its already been to court and judgement registered back in 2003, refund got refused. I'm really only interested in proving my repayments - I pay by standing order via different bank, every month, never failed, dca seems to distribute the money between the credit card and the current account - however, how they do that is their problem, I only know I can prove I pay them £40 each & every month but they seem to have about 20 months here & there missing?! and god knows where the extra £1000 comes into play! They have never provided me with statements - and I have asked - I just recently got this list of payments thru because its about to get paid off and I'm disputing the amount. I even asked them for a copy of the original court claim forms as they're also the solicitors acting for the bank to which I owe the money, but they said they didn't have them! which is why I thought SAR maybe best?

Well, as you pay by Standing Order, albeit a different bank, you can prove your payments. What I would do is to actually note all the payments that have gone to them as per your Standing order, noting the Date and Amount, then I would compare that to the list of payments from them, and then write and tell them which payments they have not acknowledged.

Problem is, if they are telling you they don't have the correct paperwork, how are they enforcing payment?

You can in this case SAR them, but will that actually produce anything that you want, as they have already denied having it?

Hopefully others may be along with other ideas and thoughts.

I don't particularly want to upset my bank by letting them think i'm about to claim any charges, this is purely for the benefit of receiving duplicate statements - would it be wise to state this is the SAR letter? & omit the para that says about claiming for charges?