• Tweets

• No I'm not. Even if I was then comments on this forum wouldn't constitute legal advice in the formal sense. Now you've engaged a lawyer directly can I just make couple of final suggestions? Firstly make sure he is fully aware of the facts. And don't mix and match by taking his advice on one aspect while ploughing your own furrow on others.  Let us know how you get on now you have a solicitor acting for you.
    • Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Dont know if anyone can advise me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

i dont know if im in the right area here, but ill give it a try in the hope someone can offer advice.

Im currently living in private rent, have been here since oct last year and my contract is due to end on 7th oct this year.

Its an onging thing so i can stay on a month to month basis after that date.

When i moved here i was unemployed, having just lost my previous house because of rent arrears. I have a daughter and this was the first one that came up - so i took it.

In feb this year i started work to get me back on track, i have no rent arrears here at all.

The problem is, i work 12 miles away from here and now my daughter is starting high school sept. As my job is full time i have put her in a high school that is about 10 mins from where i work.

I really need to move nearer work and school, it would benefit me anyhow as i would be able to work and could get rid of the car.

At the moment its costing me around £125 a month in petrol, my rent is £430 a month (after housing benefit this is what i have to pay). I obviously have arrears from my old place of which the bulk is council tax of £100 a month plus anothother £50 a month because when i started work the changover threw up an overpayment of c/tax benefit), plus i have this years council tax which is £126 month.

On top of all that there is the usual utilities, school lunches, clothing/uniform etc etc - im sure you know.

Iv been on the council housing list for 3 years now but im in a band 4 (no housing need), I did go to see the housing options team 2 weeks ago to explain my situation, and the lady said they would look at getting me moved up a band - i havent heard anything!

I have a deposit tied up in this house of £500.

I cannot find a rental through an agents - some dont accept children or a dog. They want to run a credit check for a fee (which i wont pass, so my money will go un-refunded).

I cant afford to pull out another deposit of £500 and i wont get this one back until i move!

There are no private landlords around here (i cant find any) and even if there were, again i cant afford the deposit.

The agency that im with at the moment were given to me by the housing options team last year and they dont have any properties available that is within my price range, they are all way too expensive.

Would anyone be able to advise me on my rights or what i can do or what the council can do. Whenever i go there they seem to fob me off, and im not sure what my rights are or what buttons are best to press.

My daughter will be starting school next week, the only option i have is to take a late lunch and collect her and take her back to work with me, This could result in my job going and i dont want to lose it before i have found a more suitable one that would allow me to work less hours.

Many thanks

The current situation is that you are adequately housed and the reason that you want to move (to be nearer to where you work/daughter goes to school) is very unlikely to put you in a band where you have a chance of getting offers of Council/HA properties.

Things that would move you to a higher band tend to be homelessness or being threatened with homelessness in the near future, needing to move due to your current property being too small, living in insanitary conditions, needing to move due to a medical condition, being vulnerable (mental health, learning disability, etc), fleeing from violence, etc.

The Council's letting policy should be available from their website if not request a copy. This will tell you more about their banding and how they assess people.

You could also ask them if they have any details for landlords in the area you want to move to and if they run a deposit loan scheme.

Some Housing Associations get their new tenants from the Council's waiting list and others have their own list. Get in touch with the HAs in your area to see if they run their own list and if they do apply directly to them.

thanks for advice.

I am under doctor at the moment and awaiting another appt wed, I also live with my ex.

Its not an ideal situation as he refuses to work, hides my post and generally tries to get me into trouble whenever he can.

This is what happened in my previous property which led to eviction, i went to the council then but they couldnt help me as they said i was intentionally homeless and gave me tel number of private landlords. I had to beg the deposit from my ex in laws, but it came with conditons i took their son with me - hence my situation.

But i will take your advice and keep looking to see whatever i can get asap, failing that i will have to give up my employment, which i dont want to do, but i just cannot afford carry on.

Just to reiterate Aviva's post above, he is spot on.

Social landlords are there to provide housing to those in need - i.e. those in a homeless situation, or in danger of becoming homeless.

They are not there to provide a service that allows those in need to live in a location they desire.

All you can do is wait it out.

Have you signed up with housing associations as well as the council? And do you have any CCJs?

You do however have my sympathies, as I understand the situation. In particular, as someone who had to live with their ex recently following a split (albeit relatively amicable), I fully understand just what a nightmare such a living situation can be. And as I say ours was amicable!

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!