• Tweets

• Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Rockwell Debt Collection Agency

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4651 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:-x

Can anyone advise on this matter Please. I am furious as to why I have been bullied into making payments each month to Rockwell Debt Collection Agency.

For the last year or so I have been making payments of £63 each month using a photocopied Natwest Giro slip for apparently money owed on a debt to Halifax then building society sometime in 1997 ? All of a sudden I receive communication from Rockwell who threaten me with legal action to take me to court or send bailiffs to the address to collect the funds if I did not pay them. fearing that my credit history might be affected I promised to pay them but never questioned what exactly it was for ?

Having seen some threads on Rockwell I have now seen the light and may be a victim of being ripped off. Can anyone one tell me legally do I have to pay them or where do I stand?

I have checked my credit report there are no defaults or non payment to halifax bank can they enforce this against me? Thanks

hehe

welcometo the world of the fleecing DCA's

ROCKWELL's [nor any DCA]

have no more legal right to demand money off you than the milkman

STOP PAYMENTS NOW..

go to the top of this thread and click on library

then find and print off the CCA request letter

inc a blank £1 postal order

and DON'T sign the letter.

wait 14 working days

and not get anything back

you need to do some reading around

you'll soon get the game.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Also if this was from 1997 and you have only been paying thae last year it is also statute barred.

Moved your thread to the debt collection forum as well

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

A few questions, has there been any period of 6 years (5 in Scotland) when you have not made any payments to anyone on this alleged debt?

Once a debt is SB in can never me 're-awakened' so to speak.

Is it Rockwells, or Halifax to whom you have been paying?

Hang fire on the CCA request until you answer the above questions.

Hi, Thanks for replying to my thread. I have been paying Rockwell. I am not sure re the period of 6 years where I have not paid this alleged debt to be honest I dont even know what its for I am guessing it could be halifax ? because I took out a loan on a car sometime in 1997 or a bit earlier for about 10k I think and I dont remember what happened after that I seem to have lost track and thought I had paid it off but only to receive communication from Rockwell. Thanks

Difficult to know what to suggest, especially since you have been paying.

As you are not sure that this is Halifax, I would suggest in the first instance to send Rockwells a CCA request as this should give you more information with regard to who, what, where, when.

Send them a CCA request to see if they are entitled to collect this debt & if it's enforcable. If they fail to provide it within 12+2 days or the CCA is unenforcable you can legally withold any payment until they do. Send it recorded delivery enclosing a £1 postal order. When you get a reply, scan it & remove any identifying details and post it back here where we can have a look at it. We'll advise you from there;

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:- Account No: XXXXXXXX/Your Reference Number: XXXXXXX

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Tradinglink3.gif Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

If you intend to send a reconstituted copy of the CCA you must declare the reason why it has been reconstituted and if the original exists and in what form (microfiche) etc

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

(Optional)

You should also note that I will only discuss this matter in writing and should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you or any of your associates.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance. (Optional)

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully **Edit to suit**

Print name do not signlink3.gif

Ooops pressed 'post' too soon - amend the above to suit. This 'should' give you information as to when this alleged account was taken out, with whom and how much they claim is owing. Personally, I would stop making payments until they respond to the request.

Once you have their response, I am betting they have very little to prove that you actually owe this debt. Should this prove to be the case, we can then attack Rockwells from another angle.

Hi, Thanks for replying to my thread. I have been paying Rockwell. I am not sure re the period of 6 years where I have not paid this alleged debt to be honest I dont even know what its for I am guessing it could be halifax ? because I took out a loan on a car sometime in 1997 or a bit earlier for about 10k I think and I dont remember what happened after that I seem to have lost track and thought I had paid it off but only to receive communication from Rockwell. Thanks

ruddy fleecers it'll be statute barred typical rockwell trick

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi again,

Thank you for your advice. i will send a request for a copy of the CCA and once they respond I will let you know, I began paying them after receiving threatening letters to take me to court etc or turn up at my door step fearing this I responded to paying them. thanks once again speak soon

if that were to turn out to be within your 6yrs

then there is every possibility that these payment would be classed as 'made under duress' and would not count.

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I finally got round to sending the letter to Rockwell and got a reply which is as follows:-

We note your request for a copy of the orignal agreement quoting section 77-79 of the consumer credit act 1974. Unfortunately is no longer available. We are therefore unable to comply fully with your request however we enclose a statement of the account showing payments made to us since assignment ( there was no statement enclosed).

Notwithstanding this the loan remains valid and we expect you to continue to meet your obligations under the agreement.

We acknowledge the fact that until we comply with our obligation to send you a copy of your credit agreement pursuant to S.77(1) of the consumer credit act 1974 ("CCA) we cannot enforce your credit agreement through the courts. That is not a in dispute.

Whilst we are currently unable to take legal action to enforce the loan this does affect the validity of the underlying debt. Section 77(4) of the CCA does not make the agreement void therefore as the debt still exists we are entitled to carry out actions that do not amount to enforcing the agreement including demanding payment, charging interest, tranfering the debt to a third party, registering the dent with a credit reference agency and issuing a default notice. This was upheld in the recent case of MCGUFFICK v ROYAL BANK of SCOTLAND Plc. We therefore reserve our right to register any default with the credit reference agencies.

#in respect of any claim that this bedt is in dispute we agree that the agreement is unenforceable in a court of law as explained above however we can prove that the money let to you has not been repaid to date and therefore neither of these facts are in dispute and we consider this matter resolved.

thats their response from my letter can you explain what exactly does that mean and where do I dont want to be taken for a ride and money taken off me illegally.

Look forward to hearing from you.

yep got 'em

no cca = no pay

stop your payments and wait for them to start stamping their feet

another fleecer defeated!

dx

and they

• 7 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.