Can anyone explain this fraud to me?

BungleBungle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last year I had some peculiar activity in my account, and I can't for the life of me fathom what the fraud was all about. Anyone enlighten me as to what was going on?

So one day through the post I received a £60 silver necklace from a national jewellers. The package was addressed to me and I'd never shopped at a UK jeweller, so I had no idea what it was about, but I was very busy at work, so didn't look into it.

A week later, from another jeweller, I got another silver necklace in the post. All very odd. Again, I put it in the post pile to send back, as I had no idea what it was about.

The a week later, the same again, from a different jeweller. All a little bit Twilight Zone, albeit with lots of cheap H Samuels style jewellery.

Anyway, this time, there was a bill inside which included the last 4 digits of the card used to pay for it. And yes, it was my Barclays back card.

So I went to Barclays, had the card cancelled and reissued, checked there was nothing else odd being ordered (there were just the three) and sent the three necklaces to their Fraud department for them to investigate as per their request.

They never could tell me what was going on. The only thing I can think of is that certain jewellers only send their products to the registered address of the card holder, and they were terrible fraudsters.

And idea what the [problem] could have possibly been all about?

(incidentally, I lived alone at the time, so it wasn't a family member "borrowing" the card etc)

pers i'd get your pc checked for trojans as well.

esp if you do stuff online

try:

http://onecare.live.com/site/en-US/center/howsafe.htm?s_cid=mscom_msrt

cant explain the fraud though

most of the leechers that get credit card numbers certainly dont order crap jewellery?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...