JD williams home shopping debt out of control + CCA - please help

cheddar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya, only sent off the letters to Lewis and JDW yesterday (been super busy) so am waiting to see what they have to say. Either way I couldn't care less, they've agreed they can't enforce so that's good enough for me but I would like any future phone calls to stop. They have only rang the once.....for now. Soon as I have an update I'll pop it on here. :)

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Unfortunately, JDW can pass the debt on to the lowlifes out there. Until they produce a valid agreement, they can't enforce via the courts. There is nothing stopping them passing it on to a DCA, recording negative info on your credit file and generally making life awkward for you

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't care less about the credit file tbh, least of my worries right now. I appreciate the fact that they can pass it on but when they have categorically told me they will cease all collections activity but then go on to do so surely means they are in the wrong? I take it just in a moral sense?

RC have written to me today basically saying they have tried to ring me to discuss my letter and basically won't discuss it in writing despite me telling them never to ring me. They can pass it on to every DCA in the world as far as I'm concerned, as long as they don't all start ringing me as I really don't want to change my number.

They have also suggested I contact their 'partners' Rivington West (telephone number only) who can help me.....they appear to be a Debt Management company in my town, surely suggesting I pay a DM company to help me with this debt is not very ethical of RC/JDW? Never seen a letter suggest/advise this before!

Ideas? I am of course from now on just going to file all these letters and if I do get any more phone calls then they will be getting an extremely stern letter from me out the library and I'll report them for harassment also.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Well you can report them just for the 'not in writing' bit. The debt collection guidance from the OFT states that they should communicate in whatever way the debtor wants.

As for JDW. It is a very clever play on words. They have stopped all collection procedures. They didn't say that they wouldn't pass it on to a DCA.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Aye tis true and lets be honest they'll just do what they want regardless lol. They said "All collections activity would cease" the DCA at the time also said due to that letter they would drop it and they have, so it seems they're not interested but as you say doesn't mean they won't keep passing it on.

The letter I have today is from RC who are JDW's in house team asking me to ring to discuss my payment difficulties...collections activity no less, something they said they wouldn't do. These companies are no worse than DCAs most the time. Time to just keep filing the nonsense and take action if they or a DCA ring as I won't have that. Also am pretty disgusted by the DM company they are trying to push me onto, dodgy as.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

have you ever looked at your credit file?

does this debt show?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yep!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ah now that would be a nice xmas present haha, if it wasn't there what would happen in that case? Would they have to stop or do I just happily continue ignoring the threat-o-grams?

*Researches how best to get credit files*

Ex CAG helper ^_^

see my sig for the CRA peoples.

TBH: you've sort of made this issue yourself

you keep writing to people

if you write

they put a marker on the phishing list that a mug awaits diddling

even if you sent go away letters

they certainly

don't record those on the phishing list noes

as

the next mug would not pay for the list

dx

and they

no i noticed

must be a database issue again

if you have a credit or debit card its FREE

just cancel b4 30days

you could do it now

dx

and they

ok

dx

and they