• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

help

lottiesnan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4929 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have sky just the basic package...My son phoned week or so ago and asked if he could move back home ,tiff with the girlfriend and to upgrade the sky package to all the channels and multiroom..He would pay the extra....

Did just that all arrange for monday upgrade and the new card came today..

He has just texted me to say cancel it he isnt coming home now grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I phone sky but i have entered into a verbal contarct 12 month minimum...

They said it was explained to me over the phone and this is correct.........

Not best pleased... I now have to pay for a service i am unlikey to use ..I live alone:(

Have i not got a leg to stand on here ...??

Do you mean monday coming?

You have 8 days to cancel it:

If you have ordered goods directly from us either by telephone or via the internet:

You can cancel your order from Sky for a Sky box and minidish, related subscription or other product (e.g. tvLINK or Sky Active Keypad) up to 8 working days after the later of delivery, installation or receipt of this notice.

Please note: different cancellation provisions apply to Sky+/Sky+HD - these are supplied separately.

• If you decide to cancel a product or service BEFORE installation or delivery: Call us on 08442 41 44 14 95 or write to us at one of the addresses or fax us on one of the numbers below.

• If you decide to cancel a product or service AFTER installation or delivery, you must do one of the following:

1. Call us on 08442 414 414; or

2. Write to us at: Customer Relations, Sky Subscribers Services Limited, PO Box 43, Livingston, West Lothian EH54 7DD.

3. Fax us on: 01506 484343

4. Send us an email by visiting the "Contact Us" section at sky.com

you can also give 31 days notice to change your package back down to your basic package

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 1 month later...

To OP: Can't you learn to seperate your mind and inner beliefs into whats right, whats fai,r and whats the decent thing to do, compartments. You entered into an contract so stick with it and do watch Sky, you get many hours each day of some wonderful entertainment espeically films. Why not ask your son to pay the bill, but having said this its highly unususal for a son to ask his mum for Sky to be installed before he comes home?[rather curious indeed] As for Sky, to me its unfair to insist all new subscribers must enter into an 12 month contract, 6 months might be better, so check out the post above on cancellation rights. My beef is with Virgin TV, my complaint is "if you change your package/s, add or delete something they automatically sign you up to an new 12 month contract, we were with them for some 5+ years and in the end left, to long to explain here, but they do charge £5-00 PER MONTH for no direct debit, and if there payments agents are slow transferring your bill money to them they ignore the actual date of payment and use the date of its receipt. If a weekend work break interevenes they can and do put £10-00 on your bill "for late payment". Getting it back is so much of an hassle that we left them.

Your son said he'd pay for it, you ordered it on his behalf - it is a payment that he must make to you. It was his actions that resulted in your additional expense, if he doesn't offer to meet your additional payments to Sky, you've learned a valuable lesson for the future should a similar situation occur.

As it turned out the sky engineer was unable to fit Hd because my tv is on the wall and he wouldnt go near it.

He phoned sky instalition teamm and told them he would not be carrying out the install.. My son paid for all the stations for the month and he can wait till he has hiis own place if he wants all singing and dancing sky :)