acanning

AIC refusing to provide CCA re Natwest Card Services

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3631 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Many thanks to those who have posted advice on dealing with AIC, it has been most helpful so far but I've reached a sticking point.

A slight variation on thread 262009, just received this letter in reply to the request for a copy of the CCA.

+++

Re Natwest Card Services (ref)

Allied International Credit (UK) Ltd (ref)

Thank you for your recent letter, which I have attached for your reference.

As we are currently acting on behalf of Natwest Card Services in respect of recovering the outstanding debt on this account, we are unable to comply with this request. Such requests need to be addressed to the legal owners of the product, which in this case is Natwest Card Services.

To eneable them to provide the documentation you have requested you should contact the bank directly by writing to:

Insolvency & Client Support

1st Floor

Thanet Grange

Westcliff on Sea

Essex

SS0 0EJ

You will also need to ensure that your request is accompanied by a payment of £1.00 (cheque or postal order made payable to the client name as stated above).

May I also take this opportunity to remind you that the full outstanding balance on this account is due and owing. You will need to contact our offices on receipt of this letter to prevent further recovery action being taken.

Yours sincerely

+++

They also returned my original letter to them seeking a copy of the CCA, the cheque for £1.00 and the recorded-delivery envelope. However they did keep the cheque in respect of the monthly payments I have been making for the past 15 months.

I note Pinky69 (23rd June 2010 09:43) posted a link to a template letter in a similar case but this just resolves to the main page, and if the letter exists I've been unable to find it. Can someone post the template text or an up to date link to it.

Essentially AIC appear to be claiming to act as Natwests agents rather than having bought the debt? Is this the case

Has anyone had success in offering AIC a one-off payment of x% in the £ which has been accepted?

They continue to telephone (usually via computer-generated voice message) despite it having been made clear on repeated occasions that no agreement will be entered into unless in writing.

Edited by acanning

Utter rubbish, send them this:

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Yep, complete bowlarks! Which only goes to prove how incompetent and ridiculous this outfit is and should never have been given a CCL in the first place, if they don't know the law surrounding their chosen profession then they are extremely deluded and utter fools.

Wait until they have forfeited the time scale (12 working days from receipt of your request) then you can send the fools the 'Failed' letter and add that paragraph into it to highlight their lack of knowledge.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

s127 also refers to statements made by them being binding on them. Their letters states "...we are unable to comply with this request" so ensure the account is put into legal dispute.

Sorry not 127.... 172.

172:

Statements by creditor or owner to be binding

(1) A statement by a creditor or owner is binding on him if given under-

section 77(1), section 78(1), section 79(1), section 97(1), section 107(1)©, section 108(1)©, or section 109(1)©.