daughters egypt night mare

kia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4978 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

will try to post this short but is along story my daughter and her bf went to egypt back in july and unbeknown to them they ate some food that must of been undercooked she thought it was the fish and both of them were very ill indeed her bf been the worst.

The tour company were thompsons and were useless to them there as they were nowhere to be found and my daughter ended up having to walk across a desert in tears to find a pharmacy for them both which worked for her but not for bf who had to have a doctor called out.She then had to phone us here to ask for money to pay for this as they didnt have enough cash to pay it and they wouldnt treat him without money upfront and unbeknown also to them their holiday insurance had a very high excessess in fact they were told by staff they had none which they did cos was booked with holiday but she wasnt informed of the high excess.

So after a very traumatic time in which out of the 7 days they were there they were ill for 5 of em and had to have trips cancelled (this was refunded at the time) they finally arrived back home and went to travel agents to complain about the companys lack of been able to help them, no reps etc and was informed by staff to write a letter to head office stating everything that happened there and not just the actual things that happened but how they felt how scarey.

She finally got some communication off the company few days ago and was told the hotel has been removed from their books (its called the tropicanna something or other ) that the 4 star rating has been dropped to 3 star and that they would like to offer them both either 250 pounds in vouchers or 150 pounds in money.

Now i instantly felt this wasnt enough but unfortuantley cos my daughter didnt speak to me first she accepted it.I on hearing this said phone them back and say u dont want to accept this and that u cant be held to a conversation on the phone.My daughter did this and was told she had accepted this offer and it was binding and besides she wouldnt be offered a higher amount.

My question is are they right to do this or should she pursue this cos i still feel she has a strong case as they must also feel this to have to acted like this removing them etc.

And also how she should know go about this as i really feel this is wrong of the company to do this any help will be much appreciated by both me and daughter thank u xxxxkia

If you don't get any replies about this, and it does sound awful for your daughter and bf, you could try Consumer Direct, which I think is what Trading Standards are called these days. I've always found them helpful. Try either the county one for where you live or the one where Thomsons are.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum