C.A.R.S chasing Budget Insurance Account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help, i am being persued by C.A.R.S for an outstanding amount with Budget Insurance...

i had a car and was insured by Budget, my car had personal number plates on it,,, i sold the car and retained my number plates. i informed the insurance company who continued my insurance for a further year on my number plates....

I wanted to drive my girlfriends car, so i called budget to make sure everything was legal and to increase my payments if necessary, they then said that i couldnt do that and i should not have been carrying on with my insurance...

So Budget had sold me the insurance that they then said i could not have and then as i had to cancel it, they slapped charges on me....

surely this is not right and i now have C.A.R.S chasing me for over a hundred pounds!!!

any ideas what i can do about this misguided mess

Just make a complaint using Budget Insurances complaints process. They should have taken your instructions to cancel the Insurance, when you sold the car. They can't continue the policy just to cover the plates. If you mentioned this at the time of the phone call, then they have not informed you properly.

Hopefully Budget will backdate the cancellation and work out what is owed from the relevant date. Then you just pay the relevant amount.

In regard to CARS, just inform them that you have started a complaint with Budget, so they should stop collection activity and wait for instructions from Budget Insurance.

This is Budget Insurance complaints process.

http://www.budgetinsurance.com/car-insurance/Complaints-Procedure/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If you sold the car, it doesn't matter to them what you did to your number plates - you may have confused the issue by talking of transferring them, but their liability should have ended when the car was sold/transferred. They'll probably need to listen to their recording of the call before the decide to refund, as retaining cover to 2 bits of plastic seems a bit extreme. :)