Do I have grounds to contest a parking ticket?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if someone can give me some advice please.

Last week we parked in a ca park with our trailer, we bought a ticket and displayed it in the window. It was a council owned car park. When we returned we had a parking fine for not displaying a vaild ticket and hand written at the top it said for the trailer. When my husband looked at the pay board it did infact state at the bottom in small writing that a seperate ticket is required for a trailer. My arguement is that we parked right at the back of the car park in a corner, against a hedge, we only took up one space and did not restrict any other spaces. If we had taken up a double space then we would have bought 2 tickets but as we didnt we only bought the one and I dont think my husband even thought to look at the time.

Does anyone know if we will have a case or is it a no win situation. We did take photos showing that only one bay was taken and no more were obstructed.

Gem77

You should be able to obtain a copy of the PO from the local authroity in question; your best bet might be to simply go to the appeals process - it sounds like you have a strong, comon snense argument against an over zealous attendant! The ticket should outline the process for appeal or requesting a hearing. . Good luck!