gem77

Do I have grounds to contest a parking ticket?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3618 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I wonder if someone can give me some advice please.

Last week we parked in a ca park with our trailer, we bought a ticket and displayed it in the window. It was a council owned car park. When we returned we had a parking fine for not displaying a vaild ticket and hand written at the top it said for the trailer. When my husband looked at the pay board it did infact state at the bottom in small writing that a seperate ticket is required for a trailer. My arguement is that we parked right at the back of the car park in a corner, against a hedge, we only took up one space and did not restrict any other spaces. If we had taken up a double space then we would have bought 2 tickets but as we didnt we only bought the one and I dont think my husband even thought to look at the time.

Does anyone know if we will have a case or is it a no win situation. We did take photos showing that only one bay was taken and no more were obstructed.

Gem77

You need to check the Parking Order for that car park

Ok thanks Lamma how do I do that?

You should be able to obtain a copy of the PO from the local authroity in question; your best bet might be to simply go to the appeals process - it sounds like you have a strong, comon snense argument against an over zealous attendant! The ticket should outline the process for appeal or requesting a hearing. . Good luck!

Traffic Order must be available at the councils offices - according to the law.

Go along. get a copy of it.

Thanks guys, Not so easy to go to the local authorities office as we were on holiday on the isle of wight at the time. Would cost more to get back over there than the ticket itself :|

Then email them. It's not a classified document and there is no reason they would refuse your request for a copy.

Oh yeah didnt think of that. thank you jamberson. My mind is all over the place at the moment. :oops: