What happens when I take a Garage to court advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Can I ask a question.

If I were to take a garage that was a Limited Company to court for failing to carry our repairs to a satisfatory standard which then went on and caused engine damage and the judgement went in my favour, what would happen if the garage failed to pay.

Now i understand that the court would issue form, my question is rather if ballifs were appointed then what in theory could they seize.

Thanks

Richard

Forget past mistakes.

Forget failures.

Forget everything except what you’re going to do now and do it.

Yes that was my beleif, then someone said they could not take anything that belonged to the bussiness unless it was an HM Revenue & Customs court order.

Forget past mistakes.

Forget failures.

Providing the FIRM was the subject of the action, then they can take walking possession. HM Customs have their own criteria, but it does not mean that the only way to enforce against a business is if the C&E arrange it, that's just perverse!

Providing the FIRM was the subject of the action, then they can take walking possession. HM Customs have their own criteria, but it does not mean that the only way to enforce against a business is if the C&E arrange it, that's just perverse!

So basically it goes back to what you said before then.

Forget past mistakes.

Forget failures.

In essence, yes - unless they can prove the goods in their posession don;t belong to them or are hired/rented and there are no assets to cover the debt. (In the same way the C&E bailiffs would be stuffed too!).

Word of warning. I have been in the car dealing trade in the past and know many of the tricks used.

IF and I do say IF I was the garage, I would have set up the company as follows:

1. Joe Bloggs Garage Ltd owns nothing at all.

2. Me personally owns the premises, tools, lifts, teapot etc etc. I would then rent the entire lot to the LTD company for a fee equivalent to its takings. So, if I took £2,500 this week, the rental would be 100% of the takings after the VaT is paid. I get the income, the garage gets nothing.

The reason? If the company ever gets sued, it has no assets. You cannot take what does not belong to the Ltd company.