style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4672 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi this is my first time on anything like this but i need advice. yesterday evening after a long and painful day i went shopping to get a few things i went into a card shop and choose two birthday cards and put them in the basket on the front of the disiblity scooter i was getting about in i also needed a get well card so went to have a look i ndidnt find one so left the shop forgetting the cards in the basket they were laying flat so didnt see them if that makes sense i was thirsty so went to boots straight in front of card shop i choose a small tray of sliced fruit had a breif look around then left yes with the fruit tary in the basket with the cards why i wasnt concentrating on what i was doing ill never know cause at that point ii needed the loo so headed for debenems straight opposite going in i saw there was only one of my favorite creams left on display so grabed it put it in the basket and headed for the till.before i got there i was stopped by the boots secuirity i was not on my way out of the shop i was going in toward the till.he took the cream out of the basket which was visable to all and put it back and asked me to go back to boots with him as i still had the fruit and card in the basket. he took me in to a room and said if it had only been the fruit in basket, no problem but as the cards were there as well i was on a shooplifting spree he did not call police but took my name and address on a piece of paper.he said the police would be calling today but i have not had any calls from them as yet.he said i would be sent a letter in a months time asking for retail loss fine.i have been banned from boots forever and from my local shopping centre for 3 months.i am beside myself since and so worryed what will happen next i cant explain why my mind was ellswere.i dont know what to do.

Hello and Welcome, scooter lady.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

I'll send you a Private Message with the 'link'.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi,

If you look up to the top right of the page, beside your username there's 'Notifications', click on this and you should find my Private Message.

Please continue to post on this thread.

Thanks.

Scott.

scooter lady, continue to post on this thread.

im sorry as hard as i try i just dont know hoe to grt to the where peple are sending thier replys i keep finding nmy own letter but no one else i real fell silly but i want to see what others think ijust want to comunicate to and you.i need someone who could take me tru it step bystep sorryl

The boots security guard banned you from the shopping centre for 3 months ?

yes they often do but they should only ban habitual shoplifters which is not the case here obviously it was a mistake & as the lady had not even left the store I suspect the mistake was made4 by the security guard in accusing her of theft when no theft had occured

They rely on the embarrassment of their victims not wanting to take action against them The victims think their name will be dragged through the mud & these bullies rely on that for their grubby business to prosper

Edited by JonCris

im sorry as hard as i try i just dont know hoe to grt to the where peple are sending thier replys i keep finding nmy own letter but no one else i real fell silly but i want to see what others think ijust want to comunicate to and you.i need someone who could take me tru it step bystep sorryl

Contact me via the PM (private message) facility

i did have the fruit and cards in the scooter basket when i went in th debenems. the police have not phoned yet do u thimk they will ? i have written to town centre security asking them to re concider as i can only get about in a mobility scooter but dont own one myself their so expencive. i told them i had to use town centre for bank, optition etc and if i couldnt use it i would be stuck at home all the time cause i can only walf a very short distance. do u think they might change their mind i said i would only use a scooter with a wire basket so i dont forget what i have in it .do you think boots will take me to court ? im going crazy not knowing anything.

• 10 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.