style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Since they upgraded the Vbulletin software on which the CAG forum runs it seems to have gone haywire.

Everything gets squashed from both sides.

Surely it's not just me who is experiencing these problems?

Please admin, has someone botched up a revision of the CSS style-sheets?

The pm area is particularly hard hit by the squashing, my messages appear in a vertical column one word wide.

Best regards, Paul.

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

Cheers speedfreek. It worked a treat. I must have been legless drunk a few days ago and clicked it without knowing it.

Apologies to admin.

Paul.

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

Sorry it was my own stupid mistake. Speedfreek sorted it for me (see post above)

I'm just washing the egg off my silly face. Thanks. suicide.gif

Hi guys, we're still working on the tweaks to get things up to scratch! Sorry about all this, we shall be back to normal sharpish!
Thanks for posting. Now that you're here their is one thing that me and honeybee are finding irksome - it's the time-out interval that logs us out too soon. Maybe you'll leave it as is for greater security. It's not too big a problem because at least and unsent post or pm gets cached on forum and so when we re-sign in it's not lost.

Best regards, Paul.

Hi honeybee,

have you tried the "Accessibility Wizard" yet?

It takes you through a series of steps with options, one of these allows you to increase the font size. I can't say more than that because I've never had the need to try it,

Best regards, Paul.

Hi guys. It's a nightmare at the moment. I tried magnify which worked fairly well on CAG but naffed up everything else I want to look at. All the other websites I use are fine.

LR - I'm on Windows 7 which doesn't have all the facilities you mentioned. My OH and I have tried all the obvious solutions. As we used to say at work 'Oh no, not an upgrade!'

My best, HB

PS the font seems even smaller now. I need to find a magnifying glass to carry on using CAG. I hope someone on the site team reads this and takes pity on us.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Honeybee, hold down "Ctrl" and hit your "+" sign until it's a decent size (this won't just increase the font but the whole page). When you want to downsize again, hold down "Ctrl" and hit "-" button.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Great tip Erika. I've learned a new trick today. Thanks.

Regards, Paul.

Valid thread LR.

I'm still hating the new version and wishing it was back to the good, clear, simple and user friendly version we had. No need for fancy tricks or dancing round the oak tree to get anywhere.

The net result is that I post only a fraction of what I used to and access the site far less. I'm virtually a stranger in the bailiff forum and miss helping people in the little things that I could do.

I'm not happy about moving away from the site but its not a patch on what it was.

That said, I appreciate most will probably prefer it now!

Best wishes

Rae

Hi Erika and thanks for the great tip. I'll try it. You're not just a benefits guru then!

Rae, is it that bad? I really hope you don't desert us. I can't help thinking about 'If it ain't broke don't fix it'. The font size is doing my eyes in.

HB x

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that the layout is a total mess. It's nigh on impossible to follow or read what i need to read. Please change this. The pages don't fit properly on screen. There is far too much happening visually. The adverts and images are poorly placed. The menu and contents pages are a total mess of colours and font sizes with way too many items. The sidebars just clutter up the screen with too much text. I cannot take all that's happening on screen in, it really does need a proper makeover. Please, keep it simple!

Hi guys. Is it me or has it all got worse again this afternoon/evening? It could be that my OH has installed a new version of our browser and taken me off Firefox, but I now have the narrow messages everyone has complained about. Speedfreek, I don't know if you're around, but the arrow/chevron you told us about seems to have gone somewhere else.

I'm at the tearing my hair out stage. So frustrating.

HB x

Hi there.

Thanks for raising this. As far as I understand the powers that be are tinkering away, and somethings may get temporarily worse before getting better! Please be rest assured that all of your concerns are being raised within the team. Many of the site team are having problems too, for example I cannot report posts or moderate threads. Arrrgh!

Please accept my profuse apologies, it'll be sorted soon :)

Best wishes,

Seq.

Thanks for that interesting info. You said things could get worse before they get better, just FYI - when I tried to go into this thread just now I was obliged to login.

Best regards, Paul.

somethings may get temporarily worse before getting better!
Thanks for the interesting info. FYI the login page came up when I tried opening this thread from the category page.

Regards, Paul.

Dual posted because a refresh of the categories page failed to show my post and on opening the thread it wasn't showing either at the time. Then I re-posted and both posts displayed.

Edited by loan_ranger
Reason for dual posts.

No honeybee, it ain't just you! :(

It is all to easy for me to whinge that the old site was perfect. Easy to read, easy to navigate. But then I don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Maybe the site usage was growing too fast and an update needed.

I guess I was taken totally by surprise. Only really visiting the benefits forum and the bailiffs forum I had no idea such largescale change was in the air or that it would go on for so long. (I've just spent ages trying to find the benefits forum which is now located in some other bizarre place called work and social something or other! Honestly...)

I think the best thing to do is say tara for now. Take a four week hiatus from the site and hope that when I return I'll be able to relearn the site and contribute once more.

This is not meant as a slight to all those working hard to do whatever you need to do to get the site as you want it. It's just that - as part of my illness I get so tired that I really can't spend a long time trying to find my way round!

I'll leave you all to it for a wee while and wish you all the best. :)

Much love.

Rae xx

Maybe the site usage was growing too fast and an update needed.

The old forum software was becoming obsolete.

I'm looking at the site in high-res, it actually looks really good. There are a few things that still need to be looked at but I'm positive it'll get there in the end!

Yup, the box with the typing is more WYSIWYG now, little by little things are looking better.

The old forum software is obsolete and the creators are not updating it anymore, potentially leaving CAG exposed to new threats and hacks, and due to the sensitivity of things discussed here, I'm sure everyone appreciates how necessary this update is.

A lot of people that I truly respect are having trouble with the forum, and all I can do is hope everyone weathers the storm and is still here after when surfing this site is a lot easier.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar