• Tweets

• Ha!  I had the opposite problem with electronic prescriptions.  I made one request for a repeat with three different meds, and the GP sent three separate prescriptions to the pharmacy, which arrived at different times.  I ended up making three separate journeys to the pharmacy.  I then reverted to collecting the prescriptions myself.  (I live within five minutes walk of both my GP surgery and the pharmacy).   Ask the doctors to use separate prescriptions and explain why you need that.  Make sure it's recorded on your notes so whichever doctor deals with your repeats will know what's required.   Personally I would not ignore a penalty notice - I'd try to get it sorted out as you are doing.  You might just get away with explaining it as you have done here - ie the surgery mistakenly put two meds (one exempt, one not) on the same prescription and the prescription form doesn't provide for this situation.  Say you paid for the non-exempt one.
    • A vexatious serial CCTV Installation disputer    That would add weight if you can get this back on track and in front of a judge.
    • Thread moved to Financial legal Issues forum.   Please read the following link and copy and paste the Q,s and your responses back here for further advice.   https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/357877-you-have-received-a-claim-what-you-need-to-do-updated-jan-2019/     Regards   Andy
    • Whatever you can afford...either would suffice....as long as you have proof of delivery.Better still if you can also get an email and duplicate service.   If they refused delivery you would have notification and evidence of refusal...so winner winner chicken dinner 
  • Our picks

• My personal experiences of Future Comms 

Don't touch them owe me £500 since January 2019 make excuse after excuse. Seem they always have software problems sending money out. Keep saying they will call back or email nothing been chasing it now for 6 mths the phone staff always have the same banter we will chase it up and get back to you then nothing!
      • 0 replies
    • Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
kennyh

EU muscle flexing?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3137 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

And, my long suffering friends, what do we make of this "European negotiators last night struck a deal to create agencies with the power to over-rule the decisions of national regulators like the UK’s FSA and act directly against banks, insurers and other financial institutions.

The new agencies would have sweeping powers to intervene at their own discretion, rather than at the request of a national supervisor.

The new EU supervisory authorities, if approved in upcoming votes of the European Council and European Parliament, may raise the alarm, issue instructions to the national supervisor concerned or if necessary directly instruct the financial institution to remedy any breach of EU law.

They will also have powers to investigate specific products or financial activities to assess what risks they pose to a financial market. A European Parliament statement highlighted naked short selling, which permits traders to sell financial instruments which they have yet to borrow, as an example of a practice that could be investigated. It added that the agencies would have the power to ban products and activities in emergencies.

It is intended that the new agencies, alongside a European Systemic Risk Board, will be up and running by January.

The risk board will develop a uniform ratings system to measure the riskiness of cross-border financial institutions, establishing colour-coded grades to reflect different risk levels.

Conservative economic and monetary affairs spokesman Vicky Ford MEP, who took part in the negotiations, said that the new agencies would protect consumers from cross-border crises. But, she added: 'At the same time national governments and national regulators keep their frontline responsibility to protect national tax payers' interests.'"

First toe in the water anyone??

C'mon folks - does this have relevance in our quests??

I wouldn't think so. Regulators can only regulate according to the regulations. There are no regulations controlling the level of bank charges.

However I do seem to recall that there are some things stirring in Europe that might have a bearing. And, anyway, I thought current UK bank practices had already been shown to be at variance with some Euro laws and regs.