No money in account, why let me go overdrawn?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3672 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone, I was wondering why Lloyds found it ok to allow my account go overdrawn. I used my debit card to buy something on-line but there was insufficient funds in my account but instead of refusing the payment they ok'd it and sent me overdrawn. I do not have and never have had an overdraft as I can manage without one so surely if the funds weren't available the purchase should never have been confirmed as ok. I know I am at fault for not being aware of my account status but the bank should have rejected the payment as the money was not available and I do not have an overdraft facility. I have tried to buy things in the past and been rejected due to a lack of funds but this time it seems like they let it go through to make some money off me. Can I get this charge removed? Thanks.