Me Vs HSBC for Charges

antdawe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am completely new to this so dont really know where to start. Hopefully I can just give my story and if anyone knows of any help i'm entitled do then please comment.

I was a customer of HSBC for approx 10 - 12 years. During the last 4 years of being with them I had a gradaute account which eventualy went upto the stadard £2000 interest free overdraft. I would nearly every month go over this amount by approx £100. This would result in me having approx £70 per month fees for charges and fees.

In the last 6 - 12 months I was with them they one day completely took away my agreed overdraft and expected me to pay it back. I didnt have this kind of money at the time so was constatly having huge charges and fees applied.

Seperately I had a Personal loan with them (whilst I was a Uni student, unsure if I was allowed to do that).

As they took away my overdraft which I had to try to pay back I started to fall behind on my loan payments with them.

After hundreds of phone calls I finally gave up as they couldnt agree to what I could offer them every month so both my loan and personal account was passed to Metropolitan Collection services (which is part of HSBC as I understand) and they are happy for me to pay a small monthly fee to repay this back. Doesnt make sense I know as why couldnt HSBC themselves accomodate my financial abilities of the time.

I dont therfore have an active account with them now so what do i do about getting statements for the past however years. I didnt have them as I used onloine banking.

Do any of you think I have a claim, if so what do i do?

Was I suppose to have been granted a loan in the first place considering me being a student at the time with a student loan?

Thanks all