lordcrocket

Energy supplier and debt collector court hearing 3rd sept hearing for prepayment meter

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3627 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

The hearing is at birmingham magistrates court 3rd september 2010 130 pm

basically the debt is in another persons name not mine the supplier has failed to answer my questions complaints and other issues in relation to its contracts payments and the legalities of it

they passed the debt on who mentioned about the hearing so i shall attend and peacefully try and ask the legalities of meters and payments and beyond for people and myself and seen as im pretty much unable to get a solicitor

every one is welcome as most of us are struggling as it is and with prices upto 40 percent enough is enough

any comments etc feel free to leave them

thanks

The hearing is at birmingham magistrates court 3rd september 2010 130 pm

basically the debt is in another persons name not mine the supplier has failed to answer my questions complaints and other issues in relation to its contracts payments and the legalities of it

they passed the debt on who mentioned about the hearing so i shall attend and peacefully try and ask the legalities of meters and payments and beyond for people and myself and seen as im pretty much unable to get a solicitor

every one is welcome as most of us are struggling as it is and with prices upto 40 percent enough is enough

any comments etc feel free to leave them

thanks

Are you saying that although you lived there at the time, the bill was in another person's name and so the supplier would not talk to you, or is this for a period when you did not live there? Does this other person still live there?

Is the legal action against you, the other person or "the occupier"

The supplier not providing information might be successful, as should the bill not being yours.

Unless you can show some kind of negligence by the supplier or their not following the billing code then anything else might be cheaper to come to a voluntary agreement and avoid the hearing.

@ 2Grumpy

Yes i've lived at the premises and contacted the supplier etc when i moved in so i questioned the deemed contracts etc and it's validation as i think consumers are getting a very raw deal indeed

well after a month or few months letter writing etc the supplier gave up so that tells me one thing or many or none

now i do not have a problem if i owe it ill pay it i want proof i want facts i want evidence which i think is only fair has i moved into the property i was told naff all

I googled a bit of info and some acts and some good old historic commonlaw and a bit of civil and criminal and human rights etc looked up some definitions watched some nice vids on you tube etc etc and even sat in court a few times listening to court rules etc and i love judge judy etc

so having been court a few times an no defence as legal aid seems to be a thing of the past now for civil law more on that later if you want the info ill gladly make a post on it for you and others

overall result case dismissed as i stuck to my human rights and just acted dumb even thou the legal advisor to the court asked if i owe i said no i admitted nothing yes theres the bill outstanding judge said write to supplier again so

can not help but wonder be very careful if you learn a bit of input etc

just gota try and sort the bill side out now so another letter fired off next week im in no rush

a bit of advice if you every go to court always take a witness get what you can stamped and get as much evidence you can ie names or employee ref numbers signed affidavits if required any thing to help you

my advice is not lawful or legal it's what people learn and share and what is not taught and learnt from mistakes in life

the evidence comes in handy later on at some point as some people do lie i found that out today from the debt company stating a woman 30/40 slim lol well my gf is not that old and is pregnant and we do not and will not answer the door to strangers unless we see a uptodate crb check and proof who they are and even then it's a polite no wish them well and good buy

any comments feel free to post and i will try and post what i can if i can if you know what i mean

cheers

Lordcrocket