Refinanced with Welcome

gilbeeee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon,

First time here but have been reading the Welcome Finance forum on here with loads of interest. As so many people were having so many problems with them.

I took a car out on finance in July of 2007 for 4 years at £320 a month approx. When i took the finance out i didn't receive a signed copy of the agreement, so i contacted them and they sent it out to me. Didn't think much of it and filed it away.

In 2008 i refinanced the car as my job situation changed and payments went down to £120 approx a month but now over 10 years i think. When it was refinanced i again didn't receive a signed copy of the agreement.

Its only now after coming across this forum and having read the stories about Welcome that i thought i would have a look at my own CCA with them. I am in the process of requesting this from them.

So in this time i have gathered some bits of paperwork i still have with Welcome and found one bit from my original agreement with them which is a demands and needs statement. But this demands and needs statement is not in my first name and also is not my signature. Is it possible to get the original CCA before i refinanced or will they not have that any more. If i can then i will request the old CCA and the new one and have a look into them as i am unsure about the mechanical breakdown and shortfall extra which appears on a policy i have with them.

Regards

Jay

I would say your best bet would be to request a SAR it takes abit longer and the fee is £10 but you 'should' then receive a copy of EVERYTHING welcome hold on you including BOTH agreements, statement etc.

There is a template HERE for SAR

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Thanks Beyondhope, will send for that on Monday, is the address on the SAR template the one i send it to? As i had seen another address float round on this site (Ruddington)

Thanks for reply. Sorry for my delay in replying as have been busy this weekend.

J

Thanks Beyondhope, will send for that on Monday, is the address on the SAR template the one i send it to? As i had seen another address float round on this site (Ruddington)

Thanks for reply. Sorry for my delay in replying as have been busy this weekend.

J

The address is Ruddington it is shown on the first post of that thread where the letter is :) The other post is purely company information, hope that helps :)

Edited by beyondhope
more info

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Just a quick question before i send off my SAR request, as i don't have much paperwork from Welcome, i am unsure of my account number. I do have a letter from them when i first took out the car finance a few years ago, welcoming me to Welcome Finance. On it there is a customer number underneath the branch number. Would that be my account number, it is 7 digits long.

Thanks

J

you dont necessarily need an account number as long as you have the address you were at when you took the agreement that and your name should be enough but if you want to add that number as a 'reference from initial correspondance' it cant hurt