dlc, but what debt ?

Darzen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just recieved this letter from dlc

Dear XXXXXX

Client : Hillesden Securities Ltd formerly Associates

Client ref : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Balance outstanding £xxx

We have made numerous attempts to contact you to agree a repayment program for this outstanding debt to no avail.

Your account is now being transferred to our Debt Surveillance Programme where regular reviews into your financial circumstances will be conducted to assess your suitability for litigation action.

We will continue to report your default to the credit reference agencies and may periodically instruct field agents to visit your property to assess your ability to pay.

It's not too late to prevent this by contacting us on xxxxxxxxxxxxx to discuss repayment options.

Act now. This debt will not just go away.

Yours sincerely

xxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

First thing, although i have had letters from these before ( not for around a year) I can't remember who the original debt is for. I think it is a credit card company, but can't remember which one as i haven't had one for at least 5 years maybe longer.

What do i do next ?

Edit: It is possibly for a jjb card i had but that was at least 5 years ago too.

Edited by Darzen

In the past I've had the same letter and chose to ignore it...Is it possible you've had a Citi financial aka Citibank aka Citi aka Peoples Bank etc?

The credit card could have been citi bank as the name sounds familiar, it's been so long i can't remember. lol

Which all said and done is pretty disgusting really., Hillesden/DLC of late seem as desperate as can be.

My sister had the same letter a few weeks ago, and upon checking the paperwork we found that the alleged debt has been SB since 2001.!!

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

My sister had the same letter a few weeks ago, and upon checking the paperwork we found that the alleged debt has been SB since 2001.!!

I think you've GOT them finally.

If the debt is STATUTE BARRED then they are making demands for money without ANY legal justification for doing so -- SEE if you can throw an EXTORTION charge against them -- even if the case doesn't go to court a possible CRIMINAL prosecution should put the fear of God into these creeps.

Making UNLAWFUL demands for money IS extortion and a SB debt is just that --it's no excuse for the DCA to say "sorry we made a mistake" --they should have CHECKED before harassing you.

Go and get 'em.

Cheers

jimbo

A letter used when a debt collection agency contacts you about an unknown debt. Red script is editable

Name/Address:

Date:

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Note to Cagbot: I've posted the above because the user Darwen cannot see the template section, I know the preferred method is to refer a user to the

template section rather than post it inline but as the user cannot see the template section then? If I have done wrong and to be banished to one of

the far distant corners of Cagland then ....well, it's been nice knowing ya but you can kiss my patooty ..or suk eggs, whichever your prefer.:-)

Darwen, the letter in my post above this is the prove it letter and if this is the course of action you've decided to take as per the advice given

by someone further up the thread then be sure to send the letter recorded delivery so as to retain proof of delivery and DO NOT sign it with

your signature, in fact I would go so far as to say sign it with an squiggle and nothing more.

If you get a reply then come back here I'm sure you'll again be posted in the right direction.