• Tweets

• This is what I do not understand It was for a data sim card where EE took £20 in advance for 20gb of data each month on a month by month rolling contract and once I had used the data it would switch off so impossible to use any more than I had already paid for. If I wanted to carry on using it i would have to log on and pay another £20.   I used the service for a few months and then did not renew the contract and heard no more    My bank account was used for ID purposes only and was my main bank account with all my wages and d/d and held for 7 years plus, no insurance was taken out and no other accounts opened.   This is my point EE have listed this and has no connected with the data they have entered        
    • I am aware of this treatment. Field Debt Solutions approached me at my door claiming to have a warrant of entry, (one of many lies they used) they KNEW I was classed as vulnerable prior to the visit. This was (later found out by The Ombudsman) allegedly to install a pre payment meter (They know I can not use one). Long story short: I was threatened with criminal damage, the police and them not moving till I let them in. They stated they had a warrant, they did not. One FDS employee was waving a crowbar and smiling, the other was basically terrorising me through the window. I complained to EON and all that they did was lie further, covered up their behaviours After contacting the OMBUDSMAN all the truth came out. I am totally disgusted with the way this company operate. I am equally disgusted that the Ombudsman ere not taking any of the FDS Employees behaviours into account (yet all my claims were upheld) this feels like this section of the whole process is left wide open and that's why this is happening imho. The Ombudsman made me feel like they work for EON, (when it came to the consideration of the employees from FDS, they seemed immune to scrutiny) a very confusing and shocking experience when the penny drooped. I have looked at CISA (?) whom are some sort of organisation who debt collection agencies register with (no idea what for) anyway, FDS are not registered, I can not find them anywhere, they are like some sort of enigma and this is where i am thinking how they are protecting themselves from scrutiny and people gaining remedy from them. I also witnessed a EON employee telling me that "FDS do not have to answer anyone," they would not give me any way of complaining directly to them as is the Gov's advice before A Small Claims Tract. I am just making sure now that I record all my efforts to do what I can to give a chance for FDS to attempt to put right what they did to me. I have witnesses and I intend to take them to court. EON has damned them and all the info they provided shows how messed up and disgusting they are, I seriously have witnessed staff laughing at me on the phone when I am trying to tell them what happened. I t seems if you do not pay a bill (in my case this was out of my hands) Then your deserving of what seems to me an inside laugh as the know how we (the vulnerable) get treated when FDS turn up, yes, very much felt this and challenged one employee once.. I have spoken to a Solicitor and they are happy  to do something for me over this. Also the police were phoned by myself even though they threatened me with police "To Help Them Take My DOOR OF ITS HINGES" The police did turn up, they told me that they rarely ever turn up for these idiots as the FDS and others attempt to use the police through bull crapping them. They also said go through a few hoops and if your not happy come back to them, I have a mobile number as they said that a crime number would come after I have exhausted the other moves. They do not like these Debt People one bit, that was comforting. Sorry if this is a little all over but it was all over complexed (I can see why now) but  just wanted to share my experiences and I will be happy to share further if anyone needs to know. I am still wondering what to do but one thing is for sure, I will not be going away, EVER! good luck
    • what does it say if the claimant fails please?
    • Thanks for the feedback.  We have a professional surveyor friend who is willing to give an opinion, and once done as you say, there's no reason not to inform insurers. And as Eric's brother says, that will also give us, hopefully, a more specific discussion with neighbours. No, we can't view the neighbour's roofing from where we are, and neither can they as it's under their conservatory (we always thought it was a bad move on their part to cover felting with a conservatory!) Interesting that council have enforcement powers, hadn't realised that.  I've also had a builder advise, without visiting the site, that the dividing wall (which may be double-skinned) should have waterproof capping, which it doesn't; so maybe a simple solution is to install that across top of both sides.  Anyway, some next steps for us to take so thanks again.
    • un-en doesn't mean its written off but SB'd passing does.. and no why should you get the money??   they are notional charges that weren't paid by you anyway in the 1st place as there is was outstanding balance greater than the refund.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
Wolfstar27

RLP and confused on what to do? please help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3623 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, Ive been different advice from people about how to handle RLP, and need helpful advice, my story is:

I'm 25 years old and used to work in a retail store called GAME, now my brother mention on game's website that there selling a game for £7.99, but he saw in store they were selling it for £37.99, he told me that he asked one of the staff members how much the trade-in value is (i wasnt present in store when this happened) and that staff member mentioned it was only £19.00 on giftcard

long story short, my brother and my best friend and myself bought a few copies the game legitamatly off games website and traded them in on a giftcard (so once used the store credit will go back to them)

Game fired me due trading in the games, saying i had inside information. i mean asking for trading prices isnt secret information and any member of the public can ask and it will be given, the company mentioned they made a loss and said id be willing to pay them back, but nothing was mentioned. and what i did, i dont consider as theft or crimminal act. so that was on March 4th

now August 3rd i recieved a letter from RLP wanting £480.00 and here is their breakdown of how it came up to that

1. Value of un-recovered (or unfit for resale) goods/monies/services: £67.26

2. Staff/Management time investigating and/or dealing with incident: £332.64

3. Administration costs resulting from your wrongful actions: £80.10

4. Apportioned secruity & surveillance costs: £0.00

Total: £480.00

they say there willing to accept a smaller fee if i pay within 21 days £397.45 but it has to be the full amount

i understand £67.26 for the value of un-recovered good etc, but what i dont understand why i should have to pay for there investigation me, so confused as i was, i went to see CAB, they mention they never heard of this before having to pay for an investigation, spoke to legal advice, national debt line and noboby had an idea.

i contacted game to see if it mentions anything like this in my contract or handbook, they said we'll send the contract but not the handbook as its employee material, game said it was a third party company and they have nothing to do with it

i phoned RLP on August 24th 2010 and they first said they wasnt willing to negotate, i mentioned that i havent had a job since march, and they said you can pay in installments, my best friend had a word with them and talked to them to go an talk to game to discuss about lowering the fee, they said, they will call us back the next day for the verdict, didnt hear from them and today 2nd september i recieved a letter from RLP saying i need to pay the full amount from 14 days from the post of the letter 25th august 2010

i feel i dont have to pay for an investigation that was taken on me, i dont mind paying £67.26, my best friend said why dont we just split the full amount 3 ways and get it done and over with, he said ill get bad record and if i go to court, then ill have to pay alot more if i lose, like court fee etc

i really dont know what to do, and i dont want to hassled or go to court, could someone please help me, and i do apologise for the lengthy message

Many thanks

p.s here is the company website of RLP

http://www.lossprevention.co.uk/Default.aspx

Hi, Ive been different advice from people about how to handle RLP, and need helpful advice, my story is:

I'm 25 years old and used to work in a retail store called GAME, now my brother mention on game's website that there selling a game for £7.99, but he saw in store they were selling it for £37.99, he told me that he asked one of the staff members how much the trade-in value is (i wasnt present in store when this happened) and that staff member mentioned it was only £19.00 on giftcard

long story short, my brother and my best friend and myself bought a few copies the game legitamatly off games website and traded them in on a giftcard (so once used the store credit will go back to them)

Game fired me due trading in the games, saying i had inside information. i mean asking for trading prices isnt secret information and any member of the public can ask and it will be given, the company mentioned they made a loss and said id be willing to pay them back, but nothing was mentioned. and what i did, i dont consider as theft or crimminal act. so that was on March 4th

now August 3rd i recieved a letter from RLP wanting £480.00 and here is their breakdown of how it came up to that

1. Value of un-recovered (or unfit for resale) goods/monies/services: £67.26

2. Staff/Management time investigating and/or dealing with incident: £332.64

3. Administration costs resulting from your wrongful actions: £80.10

4. Apportioned secruity & surveillance costs: £0.00

Total: £480.00

they say there willing to accept a smaller fee if i pay within 21 days £397.45 but it has to be the full amount

i understand £67.26 for the value of un-recovered good etc, but what i dont understand why i should have to pay for there investigation me, so confused as i was, i went to see CAB, they mention they never heard of this before having to pay for an investigation, spoke to legal advice, national debt line and noboby had an idea.

i contacted game to see if it mentions anything like this in my contract or handbook, they said we'll send the contract but not the handbook as its employee material, game said it was a third party company and they have nothing to do with it

i phoned RLP on August 24th 2010 and they first said they wasnt willing to negotate, i mentioned that i havent had a job since march, and they said you can pay in installments, my best friend had a word with them and talked to them to go an talk to game to discuss about lowering the fee, they said, they will call us back the next day for the verdict, didnt hear from them and today 2nd september i recieved a letter from RLP saying i need to pay the full amount from 14 days from the post of the letter 25th august 2010

i feel i dont have to pay for an investigation that was taken on me, i dont mind paying £67.26, my best friend said why dont we just split the full amount 3 ways and get it done and over with, he said ill get bad record and if i go to court, then ill have to pay alot more if i lose, like court fee etc

i really dont know what to do, and i dont want to hassled or go to court, could someone please help me, and i do apologise for the lengthy message

Many thanks

p.s here is the company website of RLP

http://www.lossprevention.co.uk/Default.aspx

edited

I don't understand RLP's involvement here.

I would have thought that everything would be between you and Game.

I also don't understand how they arrived at their losses - they paid you £19 per game on gift cards (that would have involved an element of their profit when you used them) and presumably they could sell the games that you sold them. Are they blaming you because they didn't have a sufficiently good knowledge of the market? they say unrecovered or unfit for sale - but that would not be the case.

I wouldn't communicate with RLP at all. I think that I would wait to see what Game did (if anything). I think that RLP would just be attempting to make some money at your expense and doubt that any money (even the £67.26) would be given to Game.

I think that in any event, Game would be the only company with any legitimate involvement in this.

I would ignor them and get on with my life. RLP are nothing more than a bunch of moron bullies.

If you write to them you will be baiting them. Dont respond to the threats, they will eventually get bored of you and move onto someone easier.

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.

On a separate note I think you was unfairly dismissed.

I'm in another situation with RLP. All I can say as with what many others have said is that you should just ignore them. I've had times where I've fallen into thinking that I should pay. However, although it is hard, I've resisted and even if you did get into further trouble, you will always have someone to help you here on the forums like JonCris. Also, eventually, I hope it will feel less scary etc. over time like it has done to me (for now). One question I should put to you is:

Why would you want to give money to someone you don't know, for free?

All the best, AnonymousFighter.

-------------------------------------------------------

An AnonymousFighter Thread Post Reply

-------------------------------------------------------

Whether you're guilty of a crime or not, the bigger picture is, Retail Loss Prevention (RLP) commits the larger unjustifiable crime.

This isn't legal advice but my own opinion.

Don't ignore a demands letter, write back once to say that you have not caused any damages/loss (use their term) and you wish them to not send any further letters on this matter. Note any further letters they send to you or phone calls. Log your time in dealing with their correspondence. This game can be played in both ways.

If what you say is true then this is just Game being stupid.

You bought goods off the internet, then you sold those goods to Game, you made a profit. Well done that's what business does all day every day to stay in profit. They haven't suffered any "loss" in the legal sense by your actions. They didn't have to buy your game.

If you were employed for the appropriate length of time (not sure here whether this is 12 moths or other) then from your description you have been unfairly dismissed. Unfortunately if you are in a job for a shorter period then they only need give you notice as per your contract of employment. If they sacked you on the spot for gross misconduct then you won't have had your proper notice period.

I'd get your own "no win no fee" lawyer (suggest you check they don't have any conflict of interest with RLP or Game first) and take Game to an employment tribunal.

Also make sure your gift card value is honoured. If not honoured then you sue them for this loss. If the management took the card off you then they have stolen it from you and you can report them to the Police for this too. Note also that you can sue for hurt feelings and damage to your reputation. This potentially being the difference between your previous wages and what you could get with this mark on your character. You also what to be sure no database is out there with misinformation about you.

The key here I think is how you got the quote of the game. I really hope you didn't bypass any security passwords etc to get inside knowledge. I understand the store staff have leeway to set the price they are willing to pay for the game at the point of purchase, if you knew who set the price and colluded then you may have managed to defraud your employer. If you did get the normal price that everyone else would get (seems to be 50% of Game's price?) then you didn't defraud them.

Again, if in doubt seek real legal advice. Based on your circumstances you would probably be entitled to legal aid.

Edited by totallyinnocent