Hastings Direct - Mis-Sold or Mis-informed

emmarky
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

I have purchased insurance from Hastings Direct. I took the insurance out on the understanding that I would be insured in a certain list of European countries. I have both letters and emails confirming that I am covered for these countries and they are clearly listed with any pertinent conditions.

When I asked for a Green Card I was told that I cannot be given a Green Card because I am not covered to travel in these countries. I referred to the letter and emails and sent them copies of the correspondence that they had originally sent to me. Following this I was told that my complaint is being dealt with by the complaints department.

I may have been less than diplomatic but I have told them that I want a full refund and my policy cancelled because I must have insurance for my vehicle in the countries that it is used in and it is illegal to have insurance with two companies at the same time. They will not cancel my policy which means I am currently not insured in these countries. Hastings direct are refusing to put me in contact with the customer complaints department or any senior management. They have told me that there is nobody there that can help me and nobody they can transfer me to, or speak with and that my only option is to wait for 28 days until they get back to me. More recently they have refused to respond to any email or written correspondance and are still unwilling to give me any contact details for anyone senior or anyone in the complaints department.

All of this stems from a complaint I made 48 days ago today and I have also emailed the financial ombudsmen

Many Thanks for listening to me grumble

Mark.

Hastings Direct are a terrible company, who appear to have a total disreguard for customer service.

If they are unable to offer the cover promised, then they should allow you to cancel, without any penalty, just paying for the time on risk premium at normal standard rates.

I cannot see why they cannot do this from the relevant date and provide you with any no claims discount proof.

These are the contact details.

Customer Relations Department

Hastings Direct

Conquest House

Collington Avenue

Bexhill-On-Sea

East Sussex

TN39 3LW

Tel: 0844 800 3844

[email protected]

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Dear Emmarky,

My name is Adam Corfield, Customer Relations Manager at Hastings Direct.

Having read your post I would like the opportunity to address your concerns and hopefully resolve the issue, however to be able to do so I require some details.

Could I please ask you to email Customer Relations Department at the email address above, marking your email For the Attention of myself, with your policy number or reference number, and I will review the status of your case and contact you to discuss it further.

Kind Regards,

Adam Corfield

Hello Adam

I am a little miffed why it has taken 51 days, 5 escalation requests, the involvement of the FSA, and an ombudsmen request and still a manager is only interested when a reputable forum hosts a negative post publicly viewable.

I have of course sent an email outlining the below and await your response.

Regards

Mark.