Les Milton

Halifax have rejected my letter of Appropriation

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3327 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all I have recently joined the Consumer Action Group and have found it very helpful and will do my best to help support it in the future.

The reason I write today is to ask advice on my ongoing fight with my bank Halifax.

I hope you do not mind if I give you a little background info which may help with any advice you can offer.

I had an accident at work just over 2 years ago over that time I received full pay then half pay then I was retired through ill health from then on I have been in receipt of income support, incapacity support, mobility allowance and my small pension.

The problem I have with my bank is that an unforeseen expense took me over my overdraft and from then on the bank have taken bank charges from my benefits pushing me further into dept this has meant DD and SO have been unpaid so more bank charges. I am sure you all know the scenario.

I have read the excellent article, is your bank taking away your subsistence money? And have followed the advice, but today I received a reply from the bank stating that they are unable to accept nil payment for any period on my accounts they further stated that they are able to consider reduced payment but I would need to produce an up to date financial statement from a dept management company. One of the answers to the questions in the is your bank taking away your subsistence money was to contact the Consumer Action Group if the bank refused my letter of Appropriation and they would help me to take legal action as this has happened I would be extremely grateful for any help and advise to assist me in my fight to stop my benefits being taken in charges.

Thank you

Les Milton

From the moment they receive your letter of appropriation plus your i/e schedule, they are bound to leave your benefits alone. It may be that they close your account but they are obliged to respect the money which goes in.

As fas as benefits taken so far, there is nothing you can do if you did not appropriate the payments in first.

Have they actually ignored your letter of appropriation or have they just refused to help.

If they have actually ignored it and have gone ahead and deducted your benefits money then you need to begin an immediate complaint to them and say that you want the matter to go to the FOS. However this whoe process will take a long time.

If you have the energy for it, you shoudl aslo threaten an immediate court action to restrain them and for an order that they return appropriated benefits to you. You should not make this kind of threat if you do not intend to go ahead.

You should calculate on issuing proceedings within 7 days. In your position you will be entitled to waiver of court fees.

If you are up for this kind of dramatic action then we can support you on this forum.

They will definitely close your account immediately

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.