AQUA Card Help Required

biggeorge
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4978 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Helping a family member out and have now come to a point where I am stuck at what to do next.

Have had 3 letters from Aqua over last 2 months over this matter, letters detail below

Letter one dated 29/07/2010 states that the card has been stopped due to arrears on the account:

Letter two dated 02/08/2010 claims they (aqua) have increased my credit limit to pay off the arrears and bring the account back into credit.

Letter three dated 13/08/2010 confirms repayment of £304.68 charge refund applied to the account balance.

My questions now are:

1: Since they have not issued a new card have they terminated the contract? Unlawfully?

2: Can they terminate without a DN being issued?

3: The refund of charges of £304.68 includes interest at 8% stated on the letter they sent.

But the statements have an interest rate that they will charge on charges at 34.08%.

Am I correct I can re-do the charges claim but with the correct interest rate applied and compounded?

4: Should any charges refund be offset against:

The balance or the arrears or even both

I always thought it was offset against any arrears 1st then the balance, If PPI reclaim then Arrears and balance back to you as a cheque.

Any help advise anyone can offer will be gratefully received.

Regards

George

Hi and thanks for the super quick reply.

Don't have an acceptance letter as never received one, The charge amounts are correct just the interest they have applied is 8%

where in a statement it says they (aqua) will charge 34.08% on charges after 28 days. Surely they should have applied this rate if that's what they charge.

Was thinking it could be a few extra quid they owe, help reduce the balance.

Also forgot about letter 2: Can they increase the credit limit to bring the account upto date without evening asking if customer wants an increase?

The increase paid off arrears and brought the account back into limit for a month.

George